Chemical scare at Thetford pharmacy

A Thetford pharmacy was evacuated yesterday after a toxic chemical scare. Firefighters and paramedics were called to the Boots store in King Street at about 4.

A Thetford pharmacy was evacuated yesterday after a toxic chemical scare. Firefighters and paramedics were called to the Boots store in King Street at about 4.30pm after staff reported the spillage of a potentially hazardous substance. A 25-year-old woman employee was suffering with breathing difficulties and nausea after inhaling the cade oil and was treated at the scene. An ambulance spokesman said the “small” chemical leak had turned out to be “harmless”. No one was taken to hospital.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter