Search

Chemical scare at Thetford pharmacy

PUBLISHED: 10:19 26 March 2008 | UPDATED: 21:01 07 July 2010

A Thetford pharmacy was evacuated yesterday after a toxic chemical scare. Firefighters and paramedics were called to the Boots store in King Street at about 4.

A Thetford pharmacy was evacuated yesterday after a toxic chemical scare. Firefighters and paramedics were called to the Boots store in King Street at about 4.30pm after staff reported the spillage of a potentially hazardous substance. A 25-year-old woman employee was suffering with breathing difficulties and nausea after inhaling the cade oil and was treated at the scene. An ambulance spokesman said the “small” chemical leak had turned out to be “harmless”. No one was taken to hospital.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Thetford and Brandon Times. Click the link in the orange box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Thetford and Brandon Times