Community centre to host largest open day to date
- Credit: Ian Burt
An open day is set to bring residents together to celebrate the growing success of a community and business hub.
A number of activities will be taking place at the Charles Burrell Centre annual open day in Thetford, on Sunday, September 2.
From 10am to 3pm, there will be tours, taster sessions, demonstrations and live music, including Thundercats Cheerleaders, Jazzercise, Thetford Hockey Club, Tiger Fitness, Centre Stage School of Dance, Zumba Lou and Smash Ink.
The centre, in Staniforth Road, is currently used by 48 permanent tenants with more than 123 other organisations hiring space in the past year.
A spokesman said: “With an ever increasing list of tenants and sessional hirers this is an opportunity to showcase tenants and other local businesses whilst raising much needed funds towards their Power to Change project to renovate unused spaces across the centre.”
You may also want to watch:
To book your place call 01842 779867.
- 1 Father-of-five in court accused of murdering wife after body found in country park pond
- 2 Under-50s to be called for vaccines as Moderna jab arrives in England
- 3 Four schools set to expand due to new housing developments
- 4 Man charged with spate of burglaries and thefts in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 5 46-year-old man charged with woman's murder
- 6 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 7 Charity's emergency appeal after losing £2.1m in pandemic
- 8 Bosses at hospital criticised for whistleblower 'witch-hunt' step down
- 9 Election 2021: Candidates confirmed for six West Suffolk Council by-elections
- 10 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park