Community centre to host largest open day to date
- Credit: Ian Burt
An open day is set to bring residents together to celebrate the growing success of a community and business hub.
A number of activities will be taking place at the Charles Burrell Centre annual open day in Thetford, on Sunday, September 2.
From 10am to 3pm, there will be tours, taster sessions, demonstrations and live music, including Thundercats Cheerleaders, Jazzercise, Thetford Hockey Club, Tiger Fitness, Centre Stage School of Dance, Zumba Lou and Smash Ink.
The centre, in Staniforth Road, is currently used by 48 permanent tenants with more than 123 other organisations hiring space in the past year.
A spokesman said: “With an ever increasing list of tenants and sessional hirers this is an opportunity to showcase tenants and other local businesses whilst raising much needed funds towards their Power to Change project to renovate unused spaces across the centre.”
You may also want to watch:
To book your place call 01842 779867.
- 1 Training at RAF base given positive rating by Ofsted
- 2 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 3 Sex abuse survivor hits out at attacker's sentence
- 4 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 5 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 6 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 7 WATCH: Norfolk troops train ahead of peacekeeping mission in Mali
- 8 Gym becomes community hub with café and barber shop
- 9 The story of Mildenhall's workhouses uncovered after 100 years
- 10 Pretty town centre terrace is for sale by auction - and it needs doing up!