Community centre to host largest open day to date
- Credit: Ian Burt
An open day is set to bring residents together to celebrate the growing success of a community and business hub.
A number of activities will be taking place at the Charles Burrell Centre annual open day in Thetford, on Sunday, September 2.
From 10am to 3pm, there will be tours, taster sessions, demonstrations and live music, including Thundercats Cheerleaders, Jazzercise, Thetford Hockey Club, Tiger Fitness, Centre Stage School of Dance, Zumba Lou and Smash Ink.
The centre, in Staniforth Road, is currently used by 48 permanent tenants with more than 123 other organisations hiring space in the past year.
A spokesman said: “With an ever increasing list of tenants and sessional hirers this is an opportunity to showcase tenants and other local businesses whilst raising much needed funds towards their Power to Change project to renovate unused spaces across the centre.”
You may also want to watch:
To book your place call 01842 779867.
- 1 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 2 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 3 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 4 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 5 Driver had drugs and £300 cash after being stopped on A11
- 6 Discount hobby shop The Works 'could run out of money'
- 7 Former school to become homeless support hub in £1.7m revamp
- 8 5 virtual games to play with family and friends over Zoom
- 9 5 tips from Norwich expert to keep your car in peak condition in lockdown
- 10 Councillor accused of 'squirming' over environmental centre finances