Community centre to host largest open day to date
- Credit: Ian Burt
An open day is set to bring residents together to celebrate the growing success of a community and business hub.
A number of activities will be taking place at the Charles Burrell Centre annual open day in Thetford, on Sunday, September 2.
From 10am to 3pm, there will be tours, taster sessions, demonstrations and live music, including Thundercats Cheerleaders, Jazzercise, Thetford Hockey Club, Tiger Fitness, Centre Stage School of Dance, Zumba Lou and Smash Ink.
The centre, in Staniforth Road, is currently used by 48 permanent tenants with more than 123 other organisations hiring space in the past year.
A spokesman said: “With an ever increasing list of tenants and sessional hirers this is an opportunity to showcase tenants and other local businesses whilst raising much needed funds towards their Power to Change project to renovate unused spaces across the centre.”
You may also want to watch:
To book your place call 01842 779867.
- 1 Council splashes out £780,000 on agile working
- 2 Thetford counts costs after 5cm of rain falls in 30 minutes
- 3 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 4 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 5 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 6 Vast farm network aims to be a trailblazer for wildlife
- 7 7 things every child in Norfolk should do before they are five
- 8 Man dumped rubbish at beauty spot after he 'forgot to put his bins out'
- 9 Norfolk's police deal with sharp rise in mental health-related callouts
- 10 Suffolk serviceman named among America's top 12 airmen