Community centre to host largest open day to date
- Credit: Ian Burt
An open day is set to bring residents together to celebrate the growing success of a community and business hub.
A number of activities will be taking place at the Charles Burrell Centre annual open day in Thetford, on Sunday, September 2.
From 10am to 3pm, there will be tours, taster sessions, demonstrations and live music, including Thundercats Cheerleaders, Jazzercise, Thetford Hockey Club, Tiger Fitness, Centre Stage School of Dance, Zumba Lou and Smash Ink.
The centre, in Staniforth Road, is currently used by 48 permanent tenants with more than 123 other organisations hiring space in the past year.
A spokesman said: “With an ever increasing list of tenants and sessional hirers this is an opportunity to showcase tenants and other local businesses whilst raising much needed funds towards their Power to Change project to renovate unused spaces across the centre.”
You may also want to watch:
To book your place call 01842 779867.
- 1 Man charged with supplying Class A drugs in Thetford
- 2 Heavy rain prompts flood warnings as first snow forecast to fall
- 3 'He's a dear little dog' - Thieves steal family pet Arthur
- 4 Viking themed children's play area confirmed at town's historic park
- 5 Farms, former rail lines and old buildings set to be sold off by council
- 6 Rough sleepers' plea to be 'kept inside' as council secures £635k funding
- 7 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 8 Shoppers support market town traders as second lockdown lifts
- 9 Man fractured partner’s cheekbone after making machete threat to sister
- 10 Parts of Norfolk may see snow by end of the week, say forecasters