Charity scoops national award
- Credit: Archant
A community and business centre is celebrating after scooping a national award.
The Charles Burrell Centre, in Thetford, won the Locality 'Most Enterprising Organisation' category for its work transforming the former high school into a multi-purpose hub with more than 40 tenants.
Mike Brindle, chairman of the centre's board of directors, said: "It is testament to the hard work of all our staff, board members and volunteers and of course the support that we have received from the local community.
"We originally set up to save a much loved former high school but through Charles Burrell Centre we've been able to do so much more and provide a whole range of new services to benefit local residents".
Locality supports community organisations and has more than 600 members which benefit from specialist advice, peer learning and campaigning support.
You may also want to watch:
The centre won a trophy, £1,000 cash prize to invest into the community and the creation of a professional video.
- 1 Council splashes out £780,000 on agile working
- 2 Thetford counts costs after 5cm of rain falls in 30 minutes
- 3 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 4 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 5 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 6 Vast farm network aims to be a trailblazer for wildlife
- 7 7 things every child in Norfolk should do before they are five
- 8 Man dumped rubbish at beauty spot after he 'forgot to put his bins out'
- 9 Norfolk's police deal with sharp rise in mental health-related callouts
- 10 Suffolk serviceman named among America's top 12 airmen