Charles Burell Centre receives donation from tenant
- Credit: Archant
A community and business centre in Thetford has received donation from one of its tenants following a successful 60s and 70s party night.
The Charles Burrell Centre, on Staniforth Road, is home to a range of community groups and local businesses one of which is the start-up Old Skool Bar.
It is run by former Charles Burrell High School pupil - which was converted into the centre - Ricky Jermy, who recently handed the centre £50 from a raffle held at the event.
Mr Jermy said: “It feels a bit weird to be providing a bar service in the building that I previously went to school in but it’s also very cool.
“Old Skool Bar was an obvious choice of name and we’re pleased to be able to support the centre itself and organisations hiring space.
You may also want to watch:
“The bar counter complete with original exam desks including graffiti certainly provides us with a talking point with customers.”
Centre Manager Mark Snowdon said: “We’re very grateful for this donation that we will put towards our efforts to raise £3,500 to repair the seating area above our main hall which will make it available for a whole number of other uses.”
- 1 Brandon man handed three-year restraining order by judge
- 2 Father-of-five in court accused of murdering wife after body found in country park pond
- 3 Police continue probe into murder of woman at country park
- 4 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 5 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 6 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 7 Extra police as pub gardens opening could coincide with Canaries promotion
- 8 Warning over cold callers offering 'free' loft insulation
- 9 Woman, 73, convicted of forging second deceased partner's will
- 10 Corrie McKeague inquest will not probe police investigation
Old Skool Bar are holding a Barn Dance on Saturday, May 27 from 7pm, complete with hay bales and a rodeo bull.
Tickets are £5 and can be bought from Leaping Hare or on the door on the night. For more information about the bar, visit the Facebook page @oldskoolbar2016, or call Ricky Jermy on 07482006422