Charles Burell Centre receives donation from tenant
- Credit: Archant
A community and business centre in Thetford has received donation from one of its tenants following a successful 60s and 70s party night.
The Charles Burrell Centre, on Staniforth Road, is home to a range of community groups and local businesses one of which is the start-up Old Skool Bar.
It is run by former Charles Burrell High School pupil - which was converted into the centre - Ricky Jermy, who recently handed the centre £50 from a raffle held at the event.
Mr Jermy said: “It feels a bit weird to be providing a bar service in the building that I previously went to school in but it’s also very cool.
“Old Skool Bar was an obvious choice of name and we’re pleased to be able to support the centre itself and organisations hiring space.
You may also want to watch:
“The bar counter complete with original exam desks including graffiti certainly provides us with a talking point with customers.”
Centre Manager Mark Snowdon said: “We’re very grateful for this donation that we will put towards our efforts to raise £3,500 to repair the seating area above our main hall which will make it available for a whole number of other uses.”
- 1 Thetford counts costs after 5cm of rain falls in 30 minutes
- 2 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 3 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 4 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 5 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 6 Have your say over future of growing estate
- 7 Horse found with maggot-infested wounds wins rosette at equestrian show
- 8 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 9 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 10 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
Old Skool Bar are holding a Barn Dance on Saturday, May 27 from 7pm, complete with hay bales and a rodeo bull.
Tickets are £5 and can be bought from Leaping Hare or on the door on the night. For more information about the bar, visit the Facebook page @oldskoolbar2016, or call Ricky Jermy on 07482006422