Charity picnic event at Brandon Country Park raises hundreds for St Nicholas Hospice Care and My WiSH Charity
- Credit: Archant
A family picnic fundraising event has raised more than £700 for two local charities.
The charity event at Brandon Country Park was organised by friends Loraine Skikunas and Julie Cowan.
Around 200 people brought along picnic blankets and food to enjoy time among friends.
The event raised £753.10 for St Nicholas Hospice Care and West Suffolk Hospital’s My WiSH Charity.
Of the event, the friends, who met two years ago after their daughters started at the same nursery, said: “Thank you to all the shops and people who donated prizes
You may also want to watch:
“Thank you to everyone who helped on the day and of course a huge thank you to everyone who attended.”
A spokesman for St Nicholas Hospice Care said: “We are pleased with how much was raised and are pleased with the support.”
- 1 Drug-dealers caught in undercover police sting
- 2 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 3 Fiat 500 thought to be stolen found crashed into wall
- 4 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 5 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 6 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 7 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 8 Man charged with drink-driving on the A11
- 9 Dog walker given £5,000 reward after finding stolen machinery
- 10 Teeny tiny property for sale for between £10,000-£20,000