Charity picnic event at Brandon Country Park raises hundreds for St Nicholas Hospice Care and My WiSH Charity
- Credit: Archant
A family picnic fundraising event has raised more than £700 for two local charities.
The charity event at Brandon Country Park was organised by friends Loraine Skikunas and Julie Cowan.
Around 200 people brought along picnic blankets and food to enjoy time among friends.
The event raised £753.10 for St Nicholas Hospice Care and West Suffolk Hospital’s My WiSH Charity.
Of the event, the friends, who met two years ago after their daughters started at the same nursery, said: “Thank you to all the shops and people who donated prizes
You may also want to watch:
“Thank you to everyone who helped on the day and of course a huge thank you to everyone who attended.”
A spokesman for St Nicholas Hospice Care said: “We are pleased with how much was raised and are pleased with the support.”
- 1 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 2 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 3 Seven months in prison for burglar who stole cash from church cafe
- 4 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 5 'We're lost without him' - Family's tribute to teen hit-and-run cyclist
- 6 Councillor accused of spreading 'damaging disinformation' on facemasks
- 7 Burger and Italian restaurant set to open at town's riverside complex
- 8 Investigation launched after swan killed by illegal fishing net
- 9 Three people - including two teens - injured in shotgun attack
- 10 'We know who they are' - two thieves raid church foodbank