Charity opens Thetford office
A national charity is set to open a new office in Thetford tomorrow.Sir Nick Young, chief executive of the British Red Cross, will officially open the new hub at the Keystone Innovation Centre, in Croxton Road.
A national charity is set to open a new office in Thetford tomorrow.
Sir Nick Young, chief executive of the British Red Cross, will officially open the new hub at the Keystone Innovation Centre, in Croxton Road.
A plaque will be unveiled tomorrow afternoon at the centre, which will be used by staff and volunteers across East Anglia for a variety of work, from community-based first aid training to a young people's project to promote humanitarian education.
The facility will also act as a hub for coordinating Red Cross staff and volunteers in the event of an emergency in the local area.
You may also want to watch:
Alex Fraser, British Red Cross operations director for East Anglia, said: “We are really excited to be opening a new office right in the heart of our area. We already do some great work in East Anglia but with our new location we hope to reach even more people and build partnerships with local organisations to help vulnerable people in crisis.”
- 1 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 2 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 3 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 4 Drugs most often seized by Norfolk police revealed
- 5 US servicemen commemorate death of RAF Lakenheath pilot in crash tragedy
- 6 Six figure commitment agreed to pursue Suffolk bus improvement strategy
- 7 Care home creates mini golf course in its garden
- 8 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 9 School praised for 'effective action' to address serious failings
- 10 Should Covid jabs be made mandatory for care home workers?