Charity football match will help young athletes
- Credit: Archant
Two young athletes will benefit from a charity football match.
The Dereham and Thetford branches of The Nottingham building society will play each other, with money raised helping the sporting ambitions of the two local SportsAid athletes.
They are England girls youth footballer Blue Wilson, 16, from Sheringham, and wheelchair athlete Will Smith, 22, who is from the Dereham area.
Kick-off is at 1pm on September 9 at Rocklands All Saints’ ground, Attleborough.
There will be food and drink, a bar, music and a raffle.
You may also want to watch:
Dereham branch customer service consultant Kayleigh Capps said: “Thanks to the support of many organisations and people in Dereham and Thetford we have been able to set up a match between two teams who love the beautiful game and there will also be lots of things going on besides the game too to make it a really fun day for all.”
- 1 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 2 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 3 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 4 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 5 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 6 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 7 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 8 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees
- 9 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 10 Retired firefighter looks back at four-day Thetford factory blaze 30 years on