Chance to see key plans for Thetford
Ian Clarke Major changes planned for Thetford will be on show at open days this week.Emerging designs for a new, relocated bus terminal, plans for thousands of new homes, improvements to the town centre and plans for a new academy are among the issues which will be under the spotlight.
Major changes planned for Thetford will be on show at open days this week.
Emerging designs for a new, relocated bus terminal, plans for thousands of new homes, improvements to the town centre and plans for a new academy are among the issues which will be under the spotlight.
Visitors to the Moving Thetford Forward open days will be able to comment on the designs and nominate suggestions for the name of the bus terminal, which is expected to open in the winter of 2011.
You may also want to watch:
The open days take place within two weeks of the decision to go ahead with a �7.6m Thetford Enterprise Park, which is set to safeguard and create 1000 jobs in Thetford.
William Nunn, chairman of the Moving Thetford Forward Board, said: “This is a great opportunity for people in Thetford to find out more about the ongoing improvements in their town and help shape how some projects progress in the coming years.
- 1 Training at RAF base given positive rating by Ofsted
- 2 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 3 Sex abuse survivor hits out at attacker's sentence
- 4 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 5 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 6 WATCH: Norfolk troops train ahead of peacekeeping mission in Mali
- 7 Gym becomes community hub with café and barber shop
- 8 The story of Mildenhall's workhouses uncovered after 100 years
- 9 Fighter jets from RAF Lakenheath to fly over London NFL games
- 10 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees
“It is important that as many businesses and residents as possible understand the work that is going on to bring about changes in Thetford and give their input as to what they want to see happen.”
The Moving Thetford Forward open days will be held at the Carnegie Rooms in Thetford on Friday from 10am-7pm and Saturday from 10am-4pm.
There is also a special business preview open day on Thursday from 7.30am-3pm. To register for the free event contact the Breckland Council economic development team on 01362 656235.