Chance to see key plans for Thetford
Ian Clarke Major changes planned for Thetford will be on show at open days this week.Emerging designs for a new, relocated bus terminal, plans for thousands of new homes, improvements to the town centre and plans for a new academy are among the issues which will be under the spotlight.
Major changes planned for Thetford will be on show at open days this week.
Emerging designs for a new, relocated bus terminal, plans for thousands of new homes, improvements to the town centre and plans for a new academy are among the issues which will be under the spotlight.
Visitors to the Moving Thetford Forward open days will be able to comment on the designs and nominate suggestions for the name of the bus terminal, which is expected to open in the winter of 2011.
You may also want to watch:
The open days take place within two weeks of the decision to go ahead with a �7.6m Thetford Enterprise Park, which is set to safeguard and create 1000 jobs in Thetford.
William Nunn, chairman of the Moving Thetford Forward Board, said: “This is a great opportunity for people in Thetford to find out more about the ongoing improvements in their town and help shape how some projects progress in the coming years.
- 1 Thetford counts costs after 5cm of rain falls in 30 minutes
- 2 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 3 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 4 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 5 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 6 Have your say over future of growing estate
- 7 Horse found with maggot-infested wounds wins rosette at equestrian show
- 8 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 9 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 10 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
“It is important that as many businesses and residents as possible understand the work that is going on to bring about changes in Thetford and give their input as to what they want to see happen.”
The Moving Thetford Forward open days will be held at the Carnegie Rooms in Thetford on Friday from 10am-7pm and Saturday from 10am-4pm.
There is also a special business preview open day on Thursday from 7.30am-3pm. To register for the free event contact the Breckland Council economic development team on 01362 656235.