Chance to make a splash for hospice
Charity swimmers are being urged to make a splash next month to help raise funds for a children's hospice.East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH) at Quidenham has joined up with the Waterworld swimming pool in Thetford for the Swim for Kids event.
Charity swimmers are being urged to make a splash next month to help raise funds for a children's hospice.
East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH) at Quidenham has joined up with the Waterworld swimming pool in Thetford for the Swim for Kids event.
Participants will be able to take part in the swimathon for free at the pool in Croxton Road, which will take place on October 1, 8 and 15.
Simon Hempsall from EACH said: “As much as 75pc of our income comes from voluntary public donations, so support from companies like Waterworld is so important. Swim for Kids is a great opportunity to make a splash and have fun whilst raising money to make a big difference to children and families who need the care and support offered by a children's hospice.”
You may also want to watch:
To register for Swim for Kids, contact Sue Meader on 01953 715559.
- 1 Repeat offender given £600 fine for fly-tipping next to public bin
- 2 Man suffers 15cm cut across face in alleged knife attack over drugs
- 3 Woman in 80s suffers 'life-changing' injuries in collision
- 4 Noise warning issued amid RAF Lakenheath flight training
- 5 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 6 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 7 Candidate says 7,000 rejected ballots shows PCC voting system flawed
- 8 Man stole bicycle from outside town shop
- 9 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 10 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot