Chairman of community group thanks Thetford residents for participation in play park consultation
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2015
The chairman of a community group has thanked residents for their participation in a play park consultation.
Thetford Town Council and Croxton Road Community Association put plans on view for the new under-8s play area at the Harriet Martineau park, with members of the public able to vote on their favourite design.
Ian Dix, chairman of the community association, said: “I would like to thank everyone who helped at our recent play park consultations and also a big thank you to all the parents and children who voted for their favourite scheme.
“We are pleased to have received so many votes, 154, with 91 as the first choice for the winning scheme.”
The winning design was option B, proposed by playground manufacture HAGS, and features a slide with a tunnel and interactive game.
You may also want to watch:
To volunteer with the group email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Father-of-five in court accused of murdering wife after body found in country park pond
- 2 Under-50s to be called for vaccines as Moderna jab arrives in England
- 3 Four schools set to expand due to new housing developments
- 4 Man charged with spate of burglaries and thefts in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 5 46-year-old man charged with woman's murder
- 6 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 7 Charity's emergency appeal after losing £2.1m in pandemic
- 8 Bosses at hospital criticised for whistleblower 'witch-hunt' step down
- 9 Election 2021: Candidates confirmed for six West Suffolk Council by-elections
- 10 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park