Chairman of community group thanks Thetford residents for participation in play park consultation
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2015
The chairman of a community group has thanked residents for their participation in a play park consultation.
Thetford Town Council and Croxton Road Community Association put plans on view for the new under-8s play area at the Harriet Martineau park, with members of the public able to vote on their favourite design.
Ian Dix, chairman of the community association, said: “I would like to thank everyone who helped at our recent play park consultations and also a big thank you to all the parents and children who voted for their favourite scheme.
“We are pleased to have received so many votes, 154, with 91 as the first choice for the winning scheme.”
The winning design was option B, proposed by playground manufacture HAGS, and features a slide with a tunnel and interactive game.
You may also want to watch:
To volunteer with the group email email@example.com
- 1 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 2 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 3 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 4 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 5 Driver had drugs and £300 cash after being stopped on A11
- 6 Former school to become homeless support hub in £1.7m revamp
- 7 Discount hobby shop The Works 'could run out of money'
- 8 Specialist exercises for 'less mobile' during lockdown
- 9 5 virtual games to play with family and friends over Zoom
- 10 5 tips from Norwich expert to keep your car in peak condition in lockdown