Chairman of community group thanks Thetford residents for participation in play park consultation
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2015
The chairman of a community group has thanked residents for their participation in a play park consultation.
Thetford Town Council and Croxton Road Community Association put plans on view for the new under-8s play area at the Harriet Martineau park, with members of the public able to vote on their favourite design.
Ian Dix, chairman of the community association, said: “I would like to thank everyone who helped at our recent play park consultations and also a big thank you to all the parents and children who voted for their favourite scheme.
“We are pleased to have received so many votes, 154, with 91 as the first choice for the winning scheme.”
The winning design was option B, proposed by playground manufacture HAGS, and features a slide with a tunnel and interactive game.
You may also want to watch:
To volunteer with the group email email@example.com
- 1 Man charged with supplying Class A drugs in Thetford
- 2 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 3 Viking themed children's play area confirmed at town's historic park
- 4 Illegal puppy farm warning as one in ten plan to buy dog for Christmas
- 5 'Disgusting' - councillor slams culprits for defecating on footpaths and in front gardens
- 6 Shoppers support market town traders as second lockdown lifts
- 7 Stephen Fry voices heart-warming animation of rescued blind horse
- 8 Dozens of new Covid marshals to become 'the eyes and ears of the districts'
- 9 Arrest after man found with wooden baton and £30,000 in cash
- 10 Fresh calls for Norfolk to move to tier one ahead of key Commons vote