Chairman of community group thanks Thetford residents for participation in play park consultation
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2015
The chairman of a community group has thanked residents for their participation in a play park consultation.
Thetford Town Council and Croxton Road Community Association put plans on view for the new under-8s play area at the Harriet Martineau park, with members of the public able to vote on their favourite design.
Ian Dix, chairman of the community association, said: “I would like to thank everyone who helped at our recent play park consultations and also a big thank you to all the parents and children who voted for their favourite scheme.
“We are pleased to have received so many votes, 154, with 91 as the first choice for the winning scheme.”
The winning design was option B, proposed by playground manufacture HAGS, and features a slide with a tunnel and interactive game.
You may also want to watch:
To volunteer with the group email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Training at RAF base given positive rating by Ofsted
- 2 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 3 Sex abuse survivor hits out at attacker's sentence
- 4 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 5 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 6 WATCH: Norfolk troops train ahead of peacekeeping mission in Mali
- 7 Gym becomes community hub with café and barber shop
- 8 The story of Mildenhall's workhouses uncovered after 100 years
- 9 Fighter jets from RAF Lakenheath to fly over London NFL games
- 10 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees