New town mayor to be sworn in during ceremony
- Credit: Norfolk Conservatives
The new Mayor of Thetford will be sworn in during a mayor-making ceremony at the town’s Guildhall.
Roy Brame will take over from current mayor Denis Crawford during the ceremony which will take place on Friday, May 18.
Mr Brame first served as a Conservative on the town council in 2007 and has owned Cobra Domestic Appliances on Whitehart Street for 40 years.
During the afternoon the mayor’s regalia will be on show at the Guildhall.
The ceremony itself will start at 7pm, with the Thetford Singers kicking-off the proceedings from 6.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
All are welcome to attend.
Mr Brame will present a formal letter to RAF Honington awarding them the Freedom of the Town.
- 1 Thetford man charged with abduction of 17-year-old girl
- 2 Drivers delayed following accident in Brandon
- 3 Island park to be named in honour of town's Sikh links
- 4 Farm's 'Goats at Home' service booms after lockdown
- 5 'Ugly' Norfolk pub fight was sparked by act of revenge, court hears
- 6 Thetford man wanted in connection with assault
- 7 Police appeal for dashcam footage after man died on A11
- 8 Thetford Forest invites runners to enjoy fresh air and scenery
- 9 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 10 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
And during the event he will inspect the Home Guard - members of the Dad’s Army from the town’s museum.
Mr Crawford will give thanks for his mayoral year before the deputy mayor for the coming year is elected.