New town mayor to be sworn in during ceremony
- Credit: Norfolk Conservatives
The new Mayor of Thetford will be sworn in during a mayor-making ceremony at the town’s Guildhall.
Roy Brame will take over from current mayor Denis Crawford during the ceremony which will take place on Friday, May 18.
Mr Brame first served as a Conservative on the town council in 2007 and has owned Cobra Domestic Appliances on Whitehart Street for 40 years.
During the afternoon the mayor’s regalia will be on show at the Guildhall.
The ceremony itself will start at 7pm, with the Thetford Singers kicking-off the proceedings from 6.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
All are welcome to attend.
Mr Brame will present a formal letter to RAF Honington awarding them the Freedom of the Town.
- 1 Plans submitted for Center Parcs-inspired retirement village
- 2 Parent fined after teens dumped waste at town estate
- 3 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 4 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 5 Heat map images reveal Norfolk's most popular running routes
- 6 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 7 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 8 Grab your binoculars to see the Moon, Mars and Uranus together
- 9 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 10 How I became Ralph Fiennes' assistant on Netflix's The Dig
And during the event he will inspect the Home Guard - members of the Dad’s Army from the town’s museum.
Mr Crawford will give thanks for his mayoral year before the deputy mayor for the coming year is elected.