Carer Kathy is remembered with an award
A much-loved carer who died after a battle with cancer has been honoured by her former employers with a new award in her name.
Kathy Underwood had worked for Manorcourt Homecare for 15 years before she was taken ill.
A mother-of-one from Brandon, she died last year at the age of 62 – but she will now be remembered through the new Kathy Underwood award.
The accolade, to recognise staff who go above and beyond the call of duty, has just been presented for the first time to Sandra Dale from the Thurrock branch.
Janice King, Mrs Underwood’s former manager, said: “Kathy was just a fantastic carer.
You may also want to watch:
“She never let us down and we never had a single complaint about her. She was such a lovely person that we didn’t want her memory to die, which is why we decided to create an award in her honour.”
Managers from all of Manorcourt Homecare’s offices in Norfolk, Suffolk and Essex were asked to nominate a deserving staff member to win the inaugural award.
- 1 Parent fined after teens dumped waste at town estate
- 2 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 3 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 4 Heat map images reveal Norfolk's most popular running routes
- 5 Plans submitted for Center Parcs-inspired retirement village
- 6 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 7 Storm Christoph flood fears bring spike in sandbag sales
- 8 Drug-dealers caught in undercover police sting
- 9 School 'relieves stress' for families by loaning laptops in lockdown
- 10 Calls for new hardship fund amid Covid impact and tax rise
Entries were then judged by Mrs Underwood’s husband Jamie and her daughter Cheryl.
Healthcare Homes chief executive Richard Clough said: “Kathy was a much-loved and well respected member of the Manorcourt Homecare team and it seemed very fitting to introduce this award in her memory.”
Winner of the award was Sandra Dale, 58, from the Thurrock office.
Manorcourt Homecare provides care services for people in Essex, Norfolk and Suffolk who wish to remain in their own homes for as long as possible.