Carer Kathy is remembered with an award
A much-loved carer who died after a battle with cancer has been honoured by her former employers with a new award in her name.
Kathy Underwood had worked for Manorcourt Homecare for 15 years before she was taken ill.
A mother-of-one from Brandon, she died last year at the age of 62 – but she will now be remembered through the new Kathy Underwood award.
The accolade, to recognise staff who go above and beyond the call of duty, has just been presented for the first time to Sandra Dale from the Thurrock branch.
Janice King, Mrs Underwood’s former manager, said: “Kathy was just a fantastic carer.
You may also want to watch:
“She never let us down and we never had a single complaint about her. She was such a lovely person that we didn’t want her memory to die, which is why we decided to create an award in her honour.”
Managers from all of Manorcourt Homecare’s offices in Norfolk, Suffolk and Essex were asked to nominate a deserving staff member to win the inaugural award.
- 1 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 2 'Vital' washing and cooking facilities to help homeless opens in town
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 4 Mini science centre to feature at town's riverside development
- 5 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 7 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 8 Wanted man arrested in Dereham
- 9 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 10 Logs spill across A47 after lorry and tractor crash
Entries were then judged by Mrs Underwood’s husband Jamie and her daughter Cheryl.
Healthcare Homes chief executive Richard Clough said: “Kathy was a much-loved and well respected member of the Manorcourt Homecare team and it seemed very fitting to introduce this award in her memory.”
Winner of the award was Sandra Dale, 58, from the Thurrock office.
Manorcourt Homecare provides care services for people in Essex, Norfolk and Suffolk who wish to remain in their own homes for as long as possible.