Busy few weeks for pupils and staff at Thetford Grammar School
- Credit: Archant
It has been a busy few weeks for pupils and staff at Thetford Grammar School.
The annual speech day was recently held at St Edmundsbury Cathedral, Bury St Edmunds, to celebrate the achievements of the school during the previous 12 months.
This year’s guest of honour was Old Thetfordian and weather presented Jim Bacon who presented the prizes and gave an entertaining speech about his lifelong obsession with the weather.
Talk Like a Pirate Day was recently celebrated by the school’s Hedgehog class.
The youngsters began their day by dressing up in pirate costumes and helped to make a special pirate ship for their adventures.
You may also want to watch:
And year six twins Ailish and Jacob love reading so much they decided to take part in the Summer Reading Challenge.
The pair read 20 books and were awarded a certificate and medal for their efforts.
- 1 Former school to become homeless support hub in £1.7m revamp
- 2 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 3 Suffolk adhering to lockdown three restrictions as much as first lockdown, data shows
- 4 Pub safety fears disrupt town museum reopening
- 5 Flats could replace disused shop space in town centre
- 6 Driver had drugs and £300 cash after being stopped on A11
- 7 Specialist exercises for 'less mobile' during lockdown
- 8 Discount hobby shop The Works 'could run out of money'
- 9 Why some over 70s get the Covid vaccine before over 80s
- 10 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
Jacob said: “It’s fun. I like the imaginary characters.”