Some of the unique Norfolk spots for a getaway we can look forward to
- Credit: Airbnb
Dreaming of an escape when it's safe to do so?
Currently, holidays aren't allowed in Norfolk under the Tier 4 guidelines, with people only allowed to travel in and out of the zones in a handful of exceptions. Even those under Tier 3 rules are advised not to travel or have overnight stays.
But we all need something to look forward to - and the thought of a break in a few months' time might be just that.
Here are just a handful of the Airbnb getaways you could enjoy on our doorstep.
The Signal Box, Melton Constable: This converted Edwardian signal box has 'upside down' accommodation with an open-plan living space on the upper floor to take full advantage of the wonderful rural views. Downstairs is a double bedroom with an en-suite shower room.
You may also want to watch:
Falconer's Lodge, Thetford Forest: This mini castle was built in the grounds of Didlington Hall, which was demolished after the war. It now offers a living room, kitchen/dining room and three bedrooms over two floors.
The Buttery, Honingham: This octagonal brick and flint thatched Victorian cottage was originally the dairy hut for the Berry Hall country estate. It has ladder-style stairs to a bedroom set in the eaves.
- 1 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford
- 2 Flowers and windmill stolen from baby's grave
- 3 Town's county councillors vow to tackle neglected underpasses
- 4 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 5 Rush to save school proms from being axed
- 6 Masked burglar hit victim with fake gun and threatened to shoot family dog
- 7 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 8 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 9 Drug-driver's pickup cannoned off-duty detective's car into oncoming traffic
- 10 Tributes flood in for Dad's Army superfan and family man Neville
The Railway Carriage, near Melton Constable: Set in a large south facing paddock backed by woodland, the accommodation is made up of a period train carriage and adjoining guard's van.
The Glamping Tent, Tunstead: For those looking to get slightly more back to basics, this offers one double bed, an indoor fireplace, heating and Wifi.