Some of the unique Norfolk spots for a getaway we can look forward to
- Credit: Airbnb
Dreaming of an escape when it's safe to do so?
Currently, holidays aren't allowed in Norfolk under the Tier 4 guidelines, with people only allowed to travel in and out of the zones in a handful of exceptions. Even those under Tier 3 rules are advised not to travel or have overnight stays.
But we all need something to look forward to - and the thought of a break in a few months' time might be just that.
Here are just a handful of the Airbnb getaways you could enjoy on our doorstep.
The Signal Box, Melton Constable: This converted Edwardian signal box has 'upside down' accommodation with an open-plan living space on the upper floor to take full advantage of the wonderful rural views. Downstairs is a double bedroom with an en-suite shower room.
You may also want to watch:
Falconer's Lodge, Thetford Forest: This mini castle was built in the grounds of Didlington Hall, which was demolished after the war. It now offers a living room, kitchen/dining room and three bedrooms over two floors.
The Buttery, Honingham: This octagonal brick and flint thatched Victorian cottage was originally the dairy hut for the Berry Hall country estate. It has ladder-style stairs to a bedroom set in the eaves.
- 1 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 2 International designer asked to create ambitious vision for Thetford
- 3 Missing 84-year-old man found safe and well
- 4 Driver had drugs and £300 cash after being stopped on A11
- 5 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 6 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 7 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 8 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 9 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 10 Parent fined after teens dumped waste at town estate
The Railway Carriage, near Melton Constable: Set in a large south facing paddock backed by woodland, the accommodation is made up of a period train carriage and adjoining guard's van.
The Glamping Tent, Tunstead: For those looking to get slightly more back to basics, this offers one double bed, an indoor fireplace, heating and Wifi.