Dozens of firms recognised as business awards go virtual
- Credit: Tiger Fitness
Dozens of businesses were saluted for their efforts throughout the coronavirus pandemic as an annual awards night went virtual.
Almost 100 firms tuned in via Zoom for the Thetford Business Awards, which had to be cancelled last year due to ongoing restrictions.
Once again, a glittering ceremony could not be held in person, but co-founder Gez Chetal was determined to see the show go on.
Mr Chetal and magician Paul Martin announced the winners during a live stream from the Thomas Paine Hotel, where Pooch's Yard was named as small business of the year.
The innovation gong went to Equipmake, while employer of the year was won by C and D Windscreens.
You may also want to watch:
Employee of the year was Sue Hopkins of Andrew Francis Funeral Service, and Tiger Fitness emerged victorious in the leisure category.
It is hoped winners and runners-up can be presented with their awards during a follow-up ceremony after July 19.
- 1 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 2 Gym becomes community hub with café and barber shop
- 3 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 4 Retired firefighter looks back at four-day Thetford factory blaze 30 years on
- 5 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 6 Cat left 'terrified' after being dumped next to road by driver
- 7 Pretty town centre terrace is for sale by auction - and it needs doing up!
- 8 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees
- 9 The story of Mildenhall's workhouses uncovered after 100 years
- 10 New community hub for Thetford after girl's terrifying attack
Nominations for next year's awards, at Hockwold Hall, will open in the coming weeks.