Bridgham United 2 Hingham Athletic Res 1: Home comforts for United
- Credit: Shirley D Whitlow
Bridgham Utd 2 Hingham Ath Res 1
Bridgham Utd finally played a home game after three months of major pitch damage when they entertained Hingham Athletic Res.
The game was a bit scrappy with the away side firing an early half chance over but it was Bridgham who took the lead in the 14th minute when a good passing move ended with Lewis Bishop scoring from a Jack Green cross for 1-0.
Tom Wood saw his effort well saved with Hingham shooting a chance wide and just before half-time keeper Lee Freeman denied the away side.
Hingham started the second half firing a shot over whilst at the other end Wood shot wide. Hingham made it 1-1 in the 50th minute with a good finish and were then denied another when Freeman produced a superb save low down to push the ball around the post.
You may also want to watch:
George Palmer then saw an effort saved and then fired another into the side netting.
Bridgham retook the lead in the 69th minute whilst playing with 10 players due to a sin bin when Green crossed and Wood slotted home for 2-1. Hingham pushed for an equaliser and just missed with a header in the 86th minute but were then handed a great chance from the penalty spot after a foul but the Hingham player fired over the bar and with it their chance of a point.
- 1 Father-of-five in court accused of murdering wife after body found in country park pond
- 2 46-year-old man charged with woman's murder
- 3 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 4 Four schools set to expand due to new housing developments
- 5 Bosses at hospital criticised for whistleblower 'witch-hunt' step down
- 6 Seven months in prison for burglar who stole cash from church cafe
- 7 House-to-house enquiries take place after woman's body identified
- 8 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 9 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 10 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
MoM: Tom Wood.