Appeal for Breckland residents to donate blood
- Credit: Archant
Residents in Breckland are being encouraged to make an appointment to donate blood.
NHS Blood and Transplant is holding to sessions in Thetford and Weeting.
People can attend a session on Thursday, May 3 at the Harvest Centre on Fengate Drove, Weeting, between 1pm and 4pm and 5pm and 7.45pm.
A session will be held at Thetford’s Guildhall, Cage Lane, between 10am and 2.30pm on Monday, May 7.
Blood donation saves lives and patients at local hospitals rely on people giving blood.
You may also want to watch:
Last year, 2,192 people in the county registered to give blood for the first time.
Across England 900,000 people gave blood in 2017.
- 1 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 2 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 3 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 4 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 5 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 6 Seven months in prison for burglar who stole cash from church cafe
- 7 Overrunning roadworks temporarily closes part of A11
- 8 Burger and Italian restaurant set to open at town's riverside complex
- 9 Councillor accused of spreading 'damaging disinformation' on facemasks
- 10 Prince Philip's love of birds remembered at Thetford-based trust
The service needs around 200,000 new donors every year to maintain the supply for life-saving blood donations.
Booking an appointment is recommended and this can be done by calling 0300 123 23 23 or visit the Give Blood website.
Download the NHSGiveBlood app in the app store.