Appeal for Breckland residents to donate blood
- Credit: Archant
Residents in Breckland are being encouraged to make an appointment to donate blood.
NHS Blood and Transplant is holding to sessions in Thetford and Weeting.
People can attend a session on Thursday, May 3 at the Harvest Centre on Fengate Drove, Weeting, between 1pm and 4pm and 5pm and 7.45pm.
A session will be held at Thetford’s Guildhall, Cage Lane, between 10am and 2.30pm on Monday, May 7.
Blood donation saves lives and patients at local hospitals rely on people giving blood.
You may also want to watch:
Last year, 2,192 people in the county registered to give blood for the first time.
Across England 900,000 people gave blood in 2017.
- 1 Fiat 500 thought to be stolen found crashed into wall
- 2 Shop facing £150k flood bill sets up mobile post office
- 3 Dog walker given £5,000 reward after finding stolen machinery
- 4 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 5 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- 6 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 7 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 8 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 9 Man charged with drink-driving on the A11
- 10 Drug-dealers caught in undercover police sting
The service needs around 200,000 new donors every year to maintain the supply for life-saving blood donations.
Booking an appointment is recommended and this can be done by calling 0300 123 23 23 or visit the Give Blood website.
Download the NHSGiveBlood app in the app store.