Appeal for Breckland residents to donate blood
- Credit: Archant
Residents in Breckland are being encouraged to make an appointment to donate blood.
NHS Blood and Transplant is holding to sessions in Thetford and Weeting.
People can attend a session on Thursday, May 3 at the Harvest Centre on Fengate Drove, Weeting, between 1pm and 4pm and 5pm and 7.45pm.
A session will be held at Thetford’s Guildhall, Cage Lane, between 10am and 2.30pm on Monday, May 7.
Blood donation saves lives and patients at local hospitals rely on people giving blood.
You may also want to watch:
Last year, 2,192 people in the county registered to give blood for the first time.
Across England 900,000 people gave blood in 2017.
- 1 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 2 Thetford counts costs after 5cm of rain falls in 30 minutes
- 3 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 4 Man rescued from van after collision with tractor
- 5 'Extensive damage' caused as business centre is flooded
- 6 Parts of Thetford hit by flooding due to heavy rain
- 7 Cows cause congestion after wandering into RAF Lakenheath viewing area
- 8 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 9 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 10 Car crashes into central reservation on A11
The service needs around 200,000 new donors every year to maintain the supply for life-saving blood donations.
Booking an appointment is recommended and this can be done by calling 0300 123 23 23 or visit the Give Blood website.
Download the NHSGiveBlood app in the app store.