Appeal for Breckland residents to donate blood
- Credit: Archant
Residents in Breckland are being encouraged to make an appointment to donate blood.
NHS Blood and Transplant is holding to sessions in Thetford and Weeting.
People can attend a session on Thursday, May 3 at the Harvest Centre on Fengate Drove, Weeting, between 1pm and 4pm and 5pm and 7.45pm.
A session will be held at Thetford’s Guildhall, Cage Lane, between 10am and 2.30pm on Monday, May 7.
Blood donation saves lives and patients at local hospitals rely on people giving blood.
You may also want to watch:
Last year, 2,192 people in the county registered to give blood for the first time.
Across England 900,000 people gave blood in 2017.
- 1 Man attacked and robbed by hooded teen gang
- 2 Man fractured partner’s cheekbone after making machete threat to sister
- 3 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 4 Arrest after man found with wooden baton and £30,000 in cash
- 5 Delay warnings ahead of abnormal load move
- 6 A1066 to close for five more nights
- 7 Friends pay tribute to war heroes with walking marathon effort
- 8 How will Christmas grottos, nativities and carol singing go ahead?
- 9 'He cried, I cried' - Loved ones reunited through care home's pilot test scheme
- 10 Why Chancellor’s Autumn statement was bad news for millions of pensioners
The service needs around 200,000 new donors every year to maintain the supply for life-saving blood donations.
Booking an appointment is recommended and this can be done by calling 0300 123 23 23 or visit the Give Blood website.
Download the NHSGiveBlood app in the app store.