Breckland project wins award
A Breckland project designed to help business cut costs and go green has been recognised for its achievements.
REV Active competed against more than 500 other nominations and will be presented with the Green Apple Environment Award at a presentation ceremony in the House of Commons in November.
As a result of its success the project has also been invited to have its winning paper published in The Green Book, a leading international work of reference on environmental best practice.
It will also be considered to represent the country in the European Business Awards for the Environment.
Chairman of REV Active and executive member for assets and strategic development at Breckland Council, Mark Kiddle-Morris, said: “This is a fantastic coup for the REV Active project.
You may also want to watch:
“It was an honour just to be nominated for such a prestigious award, actually winning it shows that the project is very well regarded by industry professionals and that it is recognised as a high quality project which is providing companies with tangible benefits and savings.”
REV Active provides free, confidential, impartial and hands-on assistance for businesses to help them cut costs through efficiency and improved utilities management and has so far helped businesses identify potential savings worth more than half a million pounds.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 3 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 4 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 5 Former school to become homeless support hub in £1.7m revamp
- 6 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 7 Driver had drugs and £300 cash after being stopped on A11
- 8 5 virtual games to play with family and friends over Zoom
- 9 Number of coronavirus deaths passes 1,000 at Norfolk's hospitals
- 10 Police amazed no one hurt after tree falls on Fiat 500
The Green Apple Awards began in 1994 and have become established as the country’s major recognition for environmental endeavour among companies, councils, communities and countries.
To find out more about REV ACTIVE visit www.revactive.co.uk, email email@example.com or call 01362 656808.