Breckland-based charities and organisations to benefit from lottery
- Credit: Archant
People are being encouraged to take part in a community lottery which will help Breckland-based groups and organisations raise much-needed funds.
Our Breckland Lottery provides a free platform for charities and not-for-profit organisations to raise awareness of their work and sell tickets to directly benefit their cause.
Tickets available to buy online from March 1 and players will be asked to choose one of the registered good causes to receive 50p of every £1 ticket they buy.
Organisations can increase the amount of money they receive through ticket sales.
A further 10p will go into a general funding pot which Breckland Council will release as grants.
You may also want to watch:
The first draw will take place on March 31 and players stand a chance of winning up to £25,000.
Prize draws will be held weekly and tickets are only available to buy online.
- 1 Father-of-five in court accused of murdering wife after body found in country park pond
- 2 46-year-old man charged with woman's murder
- 3 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 4 Four schools set to expand due to new housing developments
- 5 Seven months in prison for burglar who stole cash from church cafe
- 6 Bosses at hospital criticised for whistleblower 'witch-hunt' step down
- 7 House-to-house enquiries take place after woman's body identified
- 8 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 9 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 10 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
Visit www.ourbrecklandlottery.co.uk from March 1.
Groups signed up so far:
Pact Animal Sanctuary
Dereham Meeting Point
Dereham Windmill Charity
Friends of Dereham Memorial Hall
Dereham Cancer Care
Swanton Morley Village Hall Trust
Shipdham Bowls Club
Thetford Community Association
Thetford Air Cadets
Thetford Town Football Club
Charles Burrell Centre
Caston Village Hall
Museum 4 Watton
The Wayland Partnership Development Trust
Wayland Agricultural Society CIC
Narborough Community Centre
Necton Little Oaks Preschool
Access Community Trust - The Crossing
Wensum Valley Nursery School
Cloverfield & The Willows Residents Association
Age Concern Swaffham and District
Sparham Old School Room
Mattishall Pre School
Great Ellingham Preschool
Leaping Hare CIC
Mid Norfolk Mencap
Garden Science Trust
Bullock Park Shipdham
Attleborough Amateur Boxing Club
Keystone Development Trust
Fulmerston Family and Community Project
Rainbow Community Choir
GW Staniforth Trust
Ashill Community Centre
Caring Friends for Cancer Mid Norfolk
Breckland Community Fund
There is still time for organisations to register to be part of the lottery.
Visit the Breckland Council website or email email@example.com