Breckland-based charities and organisations to benefit from lottery
- Credit: Archant
People are being encouraged to take part in a community lottery which will help Breckland-based groups and organisations raise much-needed funds.
Our Breckland Lottery provides a free platform for charities and not-for-profit organisations to raise awareness of their work and sell tickets to directly benefit their cause.
Tickets available to buy online from March 1 and players will be asked to choose one of the registered good causes to receive 50p of every £1 ticket they buy.
Organisations can increase the amount of money they receive through ticket sales.
A further 10p will go into a general funding pot which Breckland Council will release as grants.
The first draw will take place on March 31 and players stand a chance of winning up to £25,000.
Prize draws will be held weekly and tickets are only available to buy online.
- 1 Anger as 'rollercoaster' appears at bottom of woman's garden
- 2 Firefighters tackling large fire near country park
- 3 Shed left destroyed after garden fire in west Suffolk
- 4 20 fire engines and 90 firefighters contain large forest blaze
- 5 Drought declared in Norfolk
- 6 'Could have caused explosion': Eco-warrior stops Thetford fire spreading
- 7 Town to host free outdoor screening of Encanto with street food stalls
- 8 Revealed: Why wasps chase you and how to get rid of them this summer
- 9 Where will be the hottest place in Norfolk this weekend?
- 10 'Incredible' firefighters spend nearly 12 hours tackling forest blaze
Visit www.ourbrecklandlottery.co.uk from March 1.
Groups signed up so far:
Pact Animal Sanctuary
Dereham Meeting Point
Dereham Windmill Charity
Friends of Dereham Memorial Hall
Dereham Cancer Care
Swanton Morley Village Hall Trust
Shipdham Bowls Club
Thetford Community Association
Thetford Air Cadets
Thetford Town Football Club
Charles Burrell Centre
Caston Village Hall
Museum 4 Watton
The Wayland Partnership Development Trust
Wayland Agricultural Society CIC
Narborough Community Centre
Necton Little Oaks Preschool
Access Community Trust - The Crossing
Wensum Valley Nursery School
Cloverfield & The Willows Residents Association
Age Concern Swaffham and District
Sparham Old School Room
Mattishall Pre School
Great Ellingham Preschool
Leaping Hare CIC
Mid Norfolk Mencap
Garden Science Trust
Bullock Park Shipdham
Attleborough Amateur Boxing Club
Keystone Development Trust
Fulmerston Family and Community Project
Rainbow Community Choir
GW Staniforth Trust
Ashill Community Centre
Caring Friends for Cancer Mid Norfolk
Breckland Community Fund
There is still time for organisations to register to be part of the lottery.
Visit the Breckland Council website or email email@example.com