‘Toxic’ bonfires of mattresses and microwaves started on housing estate
- Credit: Breckland Council
A series of fires involving dumped mattresses and microwaves have been reported on a town’s housing estate.
Breckland Council is investigating two bonfires on the Abbey Estate communal greens, in Thetford.
The offender(s) who started the fires used household items including mattresses and microwaves that had been dumped.
On Facebook Breckland Council wrote: “We need your help. Last week two fires were started on the Abbey Estate communal greens in Thetford.
“As you can see in the images, mattresses, microwaves and other items were used in the fire. Lighting a bonfire in a public area, with toxic items like this was a reckless and dangerous act against the wider community.
You may also want to watch:
“We are asking for your help to identify the people involved in this bonfire.
“Please private message us here or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any information.
- 1 Plans submitted for Center Parcs-inspired retirement village
- 2 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 3 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 4 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 5 Grab your binoculars to see the Moon, Mars and Uranus together
- 6 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 'Fantastic' students donate funds from cancelled prom to children's hospice
- 9 Drug-dealers caught in undercover police sting
- 10 Fiat 500 thought to be stolen found crashed into wall