Heavy snow hits Breckland and west Suffolk
- Credit: Archant
The Beast from the East is still affect much of Breckland and west Suffolk.
Heavy snow continues to fall and road conditions are still treacherous.
There were severe delays on the A11 this morning due to vehicles that had been left stranded overnight due to the weather.
Some motorists were stuck in their cars for more than three hours and Norfolk police officers carried out welfare checks and handed out water.
The road was blocked in both directions between the B1135 at Wymondham and the A47 at Cringleford.
You may also want to watch:
But there were queues down to Thetford and Norwich.
At 11.45am traffic on the southbound carriageway was released and just after 1.25pm the northbound carriageway was reopened between Thetford to Spooner Row.
- 1 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford
- 2 Flowers and windmill stolen from baby's grave
- 3 Town's county councillors vow to tackle neglected underpasses
- 4 Masked burglar hit victim with fake gun and threatened to shoot family dog
- 5 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 6 Rush to save school proms from being axed
- 7 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 8 Drug-driver's pickup cannoned off-duty detective's car into oncoming traffic
- 9 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 10 Tributes flood in for Dad's Army superfan and family man Neville
There are still some delays around the Wymondham area due to a broken down HGV.
High Lodge at Thetford Forest has been closed.
Forestry Commission have been braving the cold and heavy snow to try and clear the entrance and exit road and paths.
However due to the intensity of snowfall, it is covering our efforts immediately making the site unsafe.
The Forestry Commission will update in the morning when the site has been re-assessed.
Wonder how RAF Lakenheath makes sure it is always ready for action?
A number of schools in Thetford, Brandon, Mildenhall, Methwold and Watton and the surrounding areas were closed today due to the adverse weather conditions.
For Suffolk school closures click here
For Norfolk school closures click here