Heavy snow hits Breckland and west Suffolk
- Credit: Archant
The Beast from the East is still affect much of Breckland and west Suffolk.
Heavy snow continues to fall and road conditions are still treacherous.
There were severe delays on the A11 this morning due to vehicles that had been left stranded overnight due to the weather.
Some motorists were stuck in their cars for more than three hours and Norfolk police officers carried out welfare checks and handed out water.
The road was blocked in both directions between the B1135 at Wymondham and the A47 at Cringleford.
But there were queues down to Thetford and Norwich.
At 11.45am traffic on the southbound carriageway was released and just after 1.25pm the northbound carriageway was reopened between Thetford to Spooner Row.
- 1 Woman accused of stealing £11k of printer ink across East Anglia
- 2 Driver sustains neck injuries in two-vehicle crash near Thetford
- 3 Schoolgirl racially abused by boys in Mildenhall play park
- 4 The artist who paints portraits to honour frontline workers
- 5 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 6 Robber armed with Taser steals cash from Mildenhall shop
- 7 'Dishonest to the core' burglar jailed for four years
- 8 The photographer with an eye for catching dogs in flight
- 9 Man who may pose risk to children could be in Norfolk or Suffolk
- 10 Jab campaign focuses on vaccine-hesitant hotspots
There are still some delays around the Wymondham area due to a broken down HGV.
High Lodge at Thetford Forest has been closed.
Forestry Commission have been braving the cold and heavy snow to try and clear the entrance and exit road and paths.
However due to the intensity of snowfall, it is covering our efforts immediately making the site unsafe.
The Forestry Commission will update in the morning when the site has been re-assessed.
Wonder how RAF Lakenheath makes sure it is always ready for action?
A number of schools in Thetford, Brandon, Mildenhall, Methwold and Watton and the surrounding areas were closed today due to the adverse weather conditions.
For Suffolk school closures click here
For Norfolk school closures click here