Heavy snow hits Breckland and west Suffolk
- Credit: Archant
The Beast from the East is still affect much of Breckland and west Suffolk.
Heavy snow continues to fall and road conditions are still treacherous.
There were severe delays on the A11 this morning due to vehicles that had been left stranded overnight due to the weather.
Some motorists were stuck in their cars for more than three hours and Norfolk police officers carried out welfare checks and handed out water.
The road was blocked in both directions between the B1135 at Wymondham and the A47 at Cringleford.
You may also want to watch:
But there were queues down to Thetford and Norwich.
At 11.45am traffic on the southbound carriageway was released and just after 1.25pm the northbound carriageway was reopened between Thetford to Spooner Row.
- 1 Island park to be named in honour of town's Sikh links
- 2 Police appeal for dashcam footage after man died on A11
- 3 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 4 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 5 Thetford man wanted in connection with assault
- 6 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 7 'Beers, big TVS and men's mental health': New barbershop to open in town
- 8 Teen stabbed in Thetford
- 9 One in eight Breckland adults yet to receive Covid vaccine
- 10 Hotel owner providing free lunches for those in need
There are still some delays around the Wymondham area due to a broken down HGV.
High Lodge at Thetford Forest has been closed.
Forestry Commission have been braving the cold and heavy snow to try and clear the entrance and exit road and paths.
However due to the intensity of snowfall, it is covering our efforts immediately making the site unsafe.
The Forestry Commission will update in the morning when the site has been re-assessed.
Wonder how RAF Lakenheath makes sure it is always ready for action?
A number of schools in Thetford, Brandon, Mildenhall, Methwold and Watton and the surrounding areas were closed today due to the adverse weather conditions.
For Suffolk school closures click here
For Norfolk school closures click here