Football club receives £250 donation
- Credit: Archant
A football club has been given a donation of £250 which they will use to buy training equipment and help with marketing.
Brandon Town Community Football Club were given the money by building society The Nottingham’s Thetford Branch.
The branch had looked into sponosring the team’s kit but having already got a sponsor, they instead presented the club, which has junior and adult teams for male and females, with a cheque for £250.
Customer services consultant Megan Colley recently visited the club at met with members of the under-eight and under-nine teams ahead of one of their training sessions.
She said: “We are very happy and excited to be involved and staff from The Nottingham will definitely attend a few games and help cheer them on to victory.”
You may also want to watch:
As a thank you, the club presented the building society branch with a framed photo to be displayed in-branch.
- 1 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 2 Police amazed no one hurt after tree falls on Fiat 500
- 3 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
- 4 Burst main leaves villages without water
- 5 School 'relieves stress' for families by loaning laptops in lockdown
- 6 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 7 Parent fined after teens dumped waste at town estate
- 8 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 9 Flooding fears recede in Norfolk but wind warning issued
- 10 Fiat 500 thought to be stolen found crashed into wall