Football club receives £250 donation
- Credit: Archant
A football club has been given a donation of £250 which they will use to buy training equipment and help with marketing.
Brandon Town Community Football Club were given the money by building society The Nottingham’s Thetford Branch.
The branch had looked into sponosring the team’s kit but having already got a sponsor, they instead presented the club, which has junior and adult teams for male and females, with a cheque for £250.
Customer services consultant Megan Colley recently visited the club at met with members of the under-eight and under-nine teams ahead of one of their training sessions.
She said: “We are very happy and excited to be involved and staff from The Nottingham will definitely attend a few games and help cheer them on to victory.”
You may also want to watch:
As a thank you, the club presented the building society branch with a framed photo to be displayed in-branch.
- 1 Father-of-five in court accused of murdering wife after body found in country park pond
- 2 46-year-old man charged with woman's murder
- 3 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 4 Four schools set to expand due to new housing developments
- 5 Seven months in prison for burglar who stole cash from church cafe
- 6 Bosses at hospital criticised for whistleblower 'witch-hunt' step down
- 7 House-to-house enquiries take place after woman's body identified
- 8 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 9 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 10 Under-50s to be called for vaccines as Moderna jab arrives in England