Football club receives £250 donation
- Credit: Archant
A football club has been given a donation of £250 which they will use to buy training equipment and help with marketing.
Brandon Town Community Football Club were given the money by building society The Nottingham’s Thetford Branch.
The branch had looked into sponosring the team’s kit but having already got a sponsor, they instead presented the club, which has junior and adult teams for male and females, with a cheque for £250.
Customer services consultant Megan Colley recently visited the club at met with members of the under-eight and under-nine teams ahead of one of their training sessions.
She said: “We are very happy and excited to be involved and staff from The Nottingham will definitely attend a few games and help cheer them on to victory.”
You may also want to watch:
As a thank you, the club presented the building society branch with a framed photo to be displayed in-branch.
- 1 Thetford counts costs after 5cm of rain falls in 30 minutes
- 2 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 3 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 4 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 5 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 6 Horse found with maggot-infested wounds wins rosette at equestrian show
- 7 Have your say over future of growing estate
- 8 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 9 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 10 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village