Football club receives £250 donation
- Credit: Archant
A football club has been given a donation of £250 which they will use to buy training equipment and help with marketing.
Brandon Town Community Football Club were given the money by building society The Nottingham’s Thetford Branch.
The branch had looked into sponosring the team’s kit but having already got a sponsor, they instead presented the club, which has junior and adult teams for male and females, with a cheque for £250.
Customer services consultant Megan Colley recently visited the club at met with members of the under-eight and under-nine teams ahead of one of their training sessions.
She said: “We are very happy and excited to be involved and staff from The Nottingham will definitely attend a few games and help cheer them on to victory.”
You may also want to watch:
As a thank you, the club presented the building society branch with a framed photo to be displayed in-branch.
- 1 Man charged with supplying Class A drugs in Thetford
- 2 Heavy rain prompts flood warnings as first snow forecast to fall
- 3 'He's a dear little dog' - Thieves steal family pet Arthur
- 4 Viking themed children's play area confirmed at town's historic park
- 5 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 6 Rough sleepers' plea to be 'kept inside' as council secures £635k funding
- 7 Shoppers support market town traders as second lockdown lifts
- 8 Parts of Norfolk may see snow by end of the week, say forecasters
- 9 Farms, former rail lines and old buildings set to be sold off by council
- 10 Man fractured partner’s cheekbone after making machete threat to sister