House blaze in Brandon town centre
- Credit: Suffolk police
Traffic is at a standstill following a house fire in Brandon town centre.
Police have closed the A106 London Road after the fire broke out at 1.34pm on Friday.
Crews from Wickhambrook, Mildenhall, Bury St Edmunds, Newmarket, East Harling, King's Lynn, Methwold and Thetford stations were called to the scene.
Mildenhall police said on Twitter traffic was "at a standstill" in the town due to the road closure.
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service confirmed a neighbour called firefighters after noticing smoke coming out of the building.
The occupants of the property were not at home at the time, the spokesman added.
- 1 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 2 Homes with dedicated support for rough sleepers to be built in Thetford
- 3 Jess Glynne cancels summer show in Thetford Forest
- 4 Pair deny dangerous driving on the A11 in Suffolk
- 5 Council leader refuses to condemn Downing Street parties
- 6 Rescued Mariah and Carey recovering after A11 crash
- 7 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
- 8 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 9 These are the dog breeds given up most at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 10 Driver sustains neck injuries in two-vehicle crash near Thetford