Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- Credit: Archant
The death of a woman found at a country park is being treated as an isolated incident.
Officers were called by the ambulance service shortly before 7am on Friday, April 9 following reports that a body of a woman had been found in the water at Brandon Country Park.
At about 12.15pm a 46-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder and was taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre for questioning, where he remains.
Brandon Country Park remains closed as the investigation continues.
Detective Superintendent Andy Smith said: "The investigation is still in its early stages but we suspect that the parties involved are known to each other, with no wider threat to the community.
"We understand this will have shocked and alarmed many people but officers will remain at the scene over the coming days and extra patrols are taking place to provide reassurance.
You may also want to watch:
"We would like to thank local residents who have so far assisted us with this investigation.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Major Investigation Team either by using the online portal: https://mipp.police.uk/operation/363718M87-PO1 or by calling 101 and quoting reference 37/17570/21
Alternatively contact the charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, through their anonymous online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 2 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 3 A11 reopens following earlier collision
- 4 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 5 Man found near air base with gun, axe and lock knife sentenced
- 6 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 7 Warning over con artists trying 'council tax' scam in Norfolk
- 8 Military drones to fly above Norfolk RAF base
- 9 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 10 Six TikTok teens get stuck in toddler swings