Man arrested on suspicion of carrying firearm, axe and knife through town centre
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested on suspicion of carrying weapons through a town centre.
A 37-year-old was arrested at about 3.30pm on Sunday after being spotted by officers on patrol in Brandon.
He was seen walking through the town carrying what appeared to be a firearm attached to his bag.
A Suffolk Police spokesman said: "He was stopped and searched by police in the High Street and an imitation firearm was seized along with a lock knife and a hand axe.
"A 37-year-old man from Brandon was subsequently arrested on suspicion of possession of a knife/blade in a public place and possession of an imitation firearm in a public place.
You may also want to watch:
"He was then taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre for questioning."
- 1 Man charged with supplying Class A drugs in Thetford
- 2 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 3 Viking themed children's play area confirmed at town's historic park
- 4 'He's a dear little dog' - Thieves steal family pet Arthur
- 5 Rough sleepers' plea to be 'kept inside' as council secures £635k funding
- 6 Shoppers support market town traders as second lockdown lifts
- 7 Parts of Norfolk may see snow by end of the week, say forecasters
- 8 'Disgusting' - councillor slams culprits for defecating on footpaths and in front gardens
- 9 Stephen Fry voices heart-warming animation of rescued blind horse
- 10 Illegal puppy farm warning as one in ten plan to buy dog for Christmas