Man arrested on suspicion of carrying firearm, axe and knife through town centre
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested on suspicion of carrying weapons through a town centre.
A 37-year-old was arrested at about 3.30pm on Sunday after being spotted by officers on patrol in Brandon.
He was seen walking through the town carrying what appeared to be a firearm attached to his bag.
A Suffolk Police spokesman said: "He was stopped and searched by police in the High Street and an imitation firearm was seized along with a lock knife and a hand axe.
"A 37-year-old man from Brandon was subsequently arrested on suspicion of possession of a knife/blade in a public place and possession of an imitation firearm in a public place.
You may also want to watch:
"He was then taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre for questioning."
- 1 Plans submitted for Center Parcs-inspired retirement village
- 2 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 3 'Fantastic' students donate funds from cancelled prom to children's hospice
- 4 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 6 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 7 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 8 Drug-dealers caught in undercover police sting
- 9 Dog walker given £5,000 reward after finding stolen machinery
- 10 Grab your binoculars to see the Moon, Mars and Uranus together