Man arrested on suspicion of carrying firearm, axe and knife through town centre
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested on suspicion of carrying weapons through a town centre.
A 37-year-old was arrested at about 3.30pm on Sunday after being spotted by officers on patrol in Brandon.
He was seen walking through the town carrying what appeared to be a firearm attached to his bag.
A Suffolk Police spokesman said: "He was stopped and searched by police in the High Street and an imitation firearm was seized along with a lock knife and a hand axe.
"A 37-year-old man from Brandon was subsequently arrested on suspicion of possession of a knife/blade in a public place and possession of an imitation firearm in a public place.
You may also want to watch:
"He was then taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre for questioning."
- 1 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 2 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 3 Seven months in prison for burglar who stole cash from church cafe
- 4 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 5 'We're lost without him' - Family's tribute to teen hit-and-run cyclist
- 6 Councillor accused of spreading 'damaging disinformation' on facemasks
- 7 Burger and Italian restaurant set to open at town's riverside complex
- 8 Investigation launched after swan killed by illegal fishing net
- 9 Three people - including two teens - injured in shotgun attack
- 10 Four men to appear in court charged with shooting incident