Brandon community litter pick moved due to snowy weather
- Credit: Ian Burt
A community litter pick has been moved due to the adverse weather conditions.
Volunteers armed with a litter grabbers and bags were due to collect litter around Brandon tomorrow (Saturday) and Sunday.
The event, organised by Brandon in Bloom, was part of the Keep Britain Tidy - Great Spring Clean.
Around 40 volunteers were due to be litter picking in their streets.
The event will now be held on Saturday, March 10 and Sunday, March 11 between 10am and 4pm.
You may also want to watch:
More volunteers are welcome to take part and Brandon in Bloom are calling for residents and businesses to step forward.
Every volunteer will be issued with gloves, a high-visibility tabard, litter grabber and waste bags.
- 1 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 'Vital' washing and cooking facilities to help homeless opens in town
- 4 Norfolk and Suffolk election 2021: No change in Breckland
- 5 Emotional great grandma meets nine-month-old twins for first time
- 6 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 7 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 8 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 10 Town planning for future of theatre and swimming pool at historic convent
Some of the equipment has been supplied by Forest Heath Council and Brandon in Bloom has purchasing equipment.
Call Rachel Sobiechowski on 01842 814800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org