Town launches membership card in bid to save high street
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2010
A town has launched a membership card in a bid to save its high street.
Brandon, on the Norfolk/Suffolk border, has introduced a £10 yearly membership card that offers discounts in the town centre's independent stores.
It follows Brandon in Bloom winning gold at the Anglia in Bloom awards and now looks to brighten areas of the town.
Money raised from the cards will be used on floral displays in the retail areas of the town.
P and R Garden Supplies owner and Brandon in Bloom member, Rachel Sobiechowski, said: "It's so important that people shop local and we hope residents and visitors to the town will take full advantage of the membership card scheme.
You may also want to watch:
"With all of the funds raised being put back into improving the appearance of the high street this will improve the shopping experience and hopefully attract passing trade to see what Brandon has to offer."
The cards are available at participating stores.
- 1 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 2 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 3 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 4 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 5 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 6 Seven months in prison for burglar who stole cash from church cafe
- 7 Overrunning roadworks temporarily closes part of A11
- 8 Burger and Italian restaurant set to open at town's riverside complex
- 9 Councillor accused of spreading 'damaging disinformation' on facemasks
- 10 Prince Philip's love of birds remembered at Thetford-based trust
For more information email email@example.com.