Town launches membership card in bid to save high street
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2010
A town has launched a membership card in a bid to save its high street.
Brandon, on the Norfolk/Suffolk border, has introduced a £10 yearly membership card that offers discounts in the town centre's independent stores.
It follows Brandon in Bloom winning gold at the Anglia in Bloom awards and now looks to brighten areas of the town.
Money raised from the cards will be used on floral displays in the retail areas of the town.
P and R Garden Supplies owner and Brandon in Bloom member, Rachel Sobiechowski, said: "It's so important that people shop local and we hope residents and visitors to the town will take full advantage of the membership card scheme.
You may also want to watch:
"With all of the funds raised being put back into improving the appearance of the high street this will improve the shopping experience and hopefully attract passing trade to see what Brandon has to offer."
The cards are available at participating stores.
- 1 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford
- 2 Flowers and windmill stolen from baby's grave
- 3 Rush to save school proms from being axed
- 4 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 5 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 6 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 7 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 8 Coronavirus rates go up in every district across Norfolk
- 9 Drugs most often seized by Norfolk police revealed
- 10 Teen appears in court charged with sexual assault on girl in Thetford
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.