Town launches membership card in bid to save high street
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2010
A town has launched a membership card in a bid to save its high street.
Brandon, on the Norfolk/Suffolk border, has introduced a £10 yearly membership card that offers discounts in the town centre's independent stores.
It follows Brandon in Bloom winning gold at the Anglia in Bloom awards and now looks to brighten areas of the town.
Money raised from the cards will be used on floral displays in the retail areas of the town.
P and R Garden Supplies owner and Brandon in Bloom member, Rachel Sobiechowski, said: "It's so important that people shop local and we hope residents and visitors to the town will take full advantage of the membership card scheme.
You may also want to watch:
"With all of the funds raised being put back into improving the appearance of the high street this will improve the shopping experience and hopefully attract passing trade to see what Brandon has to offer."
The cards are available at participating stores.
- 1 Fiat 500 thought to be stolen found crashed into wall
- 2 Shop facing £150k flood bill sets up mobile post office
- 3 Dog walker given £5,000 reward after finding stolen machinery
- 4 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 5 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- 6 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 7 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 8 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 9 Man charged with drink-driving on the A11
- 10 Drug-dealers caught in undercover police sting
For more information email email@example.com.