Town launches membership card in bid to save high street
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2010
A town has launched a membership card in a bid to save its high street.
Brandon, on the Norfolk/Suffolk border, has introduced a £10 yearly membership card that offers discounts in the town centre's independent stores.
It follows Brandon in Bloom winning gold at the Anglia in Bloom awards and now looks to brighten areas of the town.
Money raised from the cards will be used on floral displays in the retail areas of the town.
P and R Garden Supplies owner and Brandon in Bloom member, Rachel Sobiechowski, said: "It's so important that people shop local and we hope residents and visitors to the town will take full advantage of the membership card scheme.
"With all of the funds raised being put back into improving the appearance of the high street this will improve the shopping experience and hopefully attract passing trade to see what Brandon has to offer."
The cards are available at participating stores.
- 1 Thetford homes left with 'significant' damage following blaze
- 2 Man charged after robbing bookmakers with a knife in Suffolk town
- 3 Man caught drink driving over three times the legal limit in Suffolk town
- 4 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 5 Two Norfolk spots named among best places in Britain for a weekend break
- 6 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
- 7 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
- 8 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 9 Police stop 85 vehicles in one day amid safety crackdown
- 10 Power tools stolen after van broken into
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.