72 bags of litter collected by volunteers during Brandon litter pick
- Credit: Archant
A portable television, five tyres and a microwave were some of the many items found during a community litter pick in Brandon.
The event was the first litter pick organised by Brandon in Bloom.
Armed with litter pickers and waste bags, 29 volunteers collected a total of 72 bin bags of litter.
One resident took to the Little Ouse River in his canoe where he fished out items including a fire extinguisher, school books and four bags of plastic bottles.
Many of the volunteers spent two hours taking part in the event which covered a large part of the town.
You may also want to watch:
The event was held as part of the Great British Spring Clean which aims to bring people together to keep their community clean.
Brandon in Bloom have purchased their own litter picking equipment to enable them to carry out regular litter pick events. Anyone interested in the next event email email@example.com
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Fighter jets from RAF Lakenheath to fly over London NFL games
- 3 GPS equipment stolen from five tractors in village
- 4 New community hub for Thetford after girl's terrifying attack
- 5 New phase of consultation over major estate revamp to begin
- 6 'Like a little Hitler' - Fury as row breaks out at council meeting
- 7 Elizabeth Truss and Dominic Raab to share access to mansion after PM ruling
- 8 Community should have bigger say on development, says councillors
- 9 Man wanted for Thetford assault found dead after 10-month disappearance
- 10 Do you remember when Tornado's rumble caused village uproar?