72 bags of litter collected by volunteers during Brandon litter pick
- Credit: Archant
A portable television, five tyres and a microwave were some of the many items found during a community litter pick in Brandon.
The event was the first litter pick organised by Brandon in Bloom.
Armed with litter pickers and waste bags, 29 volunteers collected a total of 72 bin bags of litter.
One resident took to the Little Ouse River in his canoe where he fished out items including a fire extinguisher, school books and four bags of plastic bottles.
Many of the volunteers spent two hours taking part in the event which covered a large part of the town.
You may also want to watch:
The event was held as part of the Great British Spring Clean which aims to bring people together to keep their community clean.
Brandon in Bloom have purchased their own litter picking equipment to enable them to carry out regular litter pick events. Anyone interested in the next event email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Brandon man handed three-year restraining order by judge
- 2 Warning over cold callers offering 'free' loft insulation
- 3 Father-of-five in court accused of murdering wife after body found in country park pond
- 4 Police continue probe into murder of woman at country park
- 5 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 6 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 7 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 8 Extra police as pub gardens opening could coincide with Canaries promotion
- 9 Woman, 73, convicted of forging second deceased partner's will
- 10 Corrie McKeague inquest will not probe police investigation