Students encouraged to get involved in the community for award
- Credit: Archant
A special student will be awarded for making a difference to their community.
IES Breckland has teamed up with Brandon Rotary Club to honour a student with the Rotary award for making a difference.
Maurice Stainsby, the Rotary Club president said: "The ethos of being a Rotarian is that small things can make a big difference and as people who volunteer our time to help others, we wanted to recognise IES students who do this too."
Principal at IES Breckland, Jon Winn, said: "I believe IES Breckland should be firmly rooted at the heart of the community, and in order to achieve this, the school must contribute to the community it serves.
"This award provides us with a fantastic opportunity to recognise the students who are doing exactly this."
You may also want to watch:
The winning student will get an engraved award and £100.
To nomination a student email Laura Woods at IES Breckland on email@example.com.
- 1 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 2 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 3 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 4 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 5 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 6 Seven months in prison for burglar who stole cash from church cafe
- 7 Overrunning roadworks temporarily closes part of A11
- 8 Burger and Italian restaurant set to open at town's riverside complex
- 9 Councillor accused of spreading 'damaging disinformation' on facemasks
- 10 Prince Philip's love of birds remembered at Thetford-based trust