Students encouraged to get involved in the community for award
- Credit: Archant
A special student will be awarded for making a difference to their community.
IES Breckland has teamed up with Brandon Rotary Club to honour a student with the Rotary award for making a difference.
Maurice Stainsby, the Rotary Club president said: "The ethos of being a Rotarian is that small things can make a big difference and as people who volunteer our time to help others, we wanted to recognise IES students who do this too."
Principal at IES Breckland, Jon Winn, said: "I believe IES Breckland should be firmly rooted at the heart of the community, and in order to achieve this, the school must contribute to the community it serves.
"This award provides us with a fantastic opportunity to recognise the students who are doing exactly this."
You may also want to watch:
The winning student will get an engraved award and £100.
To nomination a student email Laura Woods at IES Breckland on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford
- 2 Rush to save school proms from being axed
- 3 Flowers and windmill stolen from baby's grave
- 4 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 5 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 8 Coronavirus rates go up in every district across Norfolk
- 9 Care home creates mini golf course in its garden
- 10 Drugs most often seized by Norfolk police revealed