Fire crews attempting to stop field fire reaching forestry area
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews are currently tackling a standing crop fire to try and stop it from reaching an area of forest.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue was alerted to the blaze, off Green Road in Brandon, at 1.37pm this afternoon.
It is affected a half mile narrow strip of land and is close to Thetford Forest.
Fire engines from Brandon, Mildenhall, Newmarket and two from Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service as well as a misting unit are on scene.
A further appliance from Mildenhall has been requested.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the service said: “Crews are dampening down as they are scared it is going to attack the forest area.”
More to follow.
- 1 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 2 Parent fined after teens dumped waste at town estate
- 3 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 4 Burst main leaves villages without water
- 5 Police amazed no one hurt after tree falls on Fiat 500
- 6 School 'relieves stress' for families by loaning laptops in lockdown
- 7 Heat map images reveal Norfolk's most popular running routes
- 8 Storm Christoph flood fears bring spike in sandbag sales
- 9 Plans submitted for Center Parcs-inspired retirement village
- 10 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms