Fire crews attempting to stop field fire reaching forestry area
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews are currently tackling a standing crop fire to try and stop it from reaching an area of forest.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue was alerted to the blaze, off Green Road in Brandon, at 1.37pm this afternoon.
It is affected a half mile narrow strip of land and is close to Thetford Forest.
Fire engines from Brandon, Mildenhall, Newmarket and two from Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service as well as a misting unit are on scene.
A further appliance from Mildenhall has been requested.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the service said: “Crews are dampening down as they are scared it is going to attack the forest area.”
More to follow.
- 1 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 2 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 3 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 4 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 5 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 6 Training at RAF base given positive rating by Ofsted
- 7 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 8 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 9 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 10 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital