Fire crews attempting to stop field fire reaching forestry area
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews are currently tackling a standing crop fire to try and stop it from reaching an area of forest.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue was alerted to the blaze, off Green Road in Brandon, at 1.37pm this afternoon.
It is affected a half mile narrow strip of land and is close to Thetford Forest.
Fire engines from Brandon, Mildenhall, Newmarket and two from Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service as well as a misting unit are on scene.
A further appliance from Mildenhall has been requested.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the service said: “Crews are dampening down as they are scared it is going to attack the forest area.”
More to follow.
- 1 Man attacked and robbed by hooded teen gang
- 2 Man fractured partner’s cheekbone after making machete threat to sister
- 3 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 4 Arrest after man found with wooden baton and £30,000 in cash
- 5 Why Norfolk districts cannot be in different Covid tiers - yet
- 6 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 7 Call for government to listen to Norfolk over Tier 1 move
- 8 Delay warnings ahead of abnormal load move
- 9 A1066 to close for five more nights
- 10 Friends pay tribute to war heroes with walking marathon effort