Charity shop staff’s gratitude after refurbishment help
- Credit: Archant
A charity shop in Brandon has thanked two businesses after they donated items and time.
The Brandon Day Care Appeal shop, on High Street, was in need of a makeover but there was no budget available to carry out the refurbishments.
The shop helps to raise funds for the Brandon Day Care Centre, which supports older people and those with physical and mental health needs with enjoyable, therapeutic day care within a safe and secure environment.
The Pound Zone, which was also on High Street, recently closed and donated all their wall fittings to the Brandon Day Care Appeal shop.
And local firm OMAR, which manufactures residential park homes and luxury lodges, offered their staff members to help refit the wall fittings at the shop.
You may also want to watch:
Anastasia Corciulo, manager of the charity shop, said: “We would like to say thank you to Pound Zone and to OMAR for their kind donation, time and help.”
- 1 RAF base warns of increased Apache helicopter flying activity
- 2 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 3 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 4 Where you are most likely to get your bike stolen in Norfolk
- 5 Car crashes into central reservation on A11
- 6 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould
- 7 Pet crematorium plans submitted but residents have air concerns
- 8 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
- 9 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 10 Abusive man grabbed wife by throat and banged her head on floor