Brandon Country Park on a par with the best
BRANDON Country Park is 'on a par' with the country's finest after receiving a much sought after Green Flag.
BRANDON Country Park is “on a par” with the country's finest after receiving a much sought after Green Flag.
The Suffolk space has been awarded a Green Park award for the eighth time after beating off competition from across the country.
Green Flag Awards recognise and reward the best parks in the country and the country park managed to impress judges with it facilities, well managed green spaces, signs and amenities.
Forest Heath district councillor Bill Bishop said the award was well deserved. He added: “It's a glorious day and a wonderful achievement for all the staff and volunteers.”
The country park is owned by Suffolk County Council and jointly managed by the district council.
Wendy Baker, manager of the park added: “I'm particularly pleased because it shows all the hard work the staff and volunteers have put into the site, and it's a combination of all the people who've worked here before us.
- 1 Try roasties topped with pulled pork at town’s new street food business
- 2 Pair accused of dangerous driving on A11 set for court
- 3 First cases of monkeypox reported in Suffolk
- 4 Chase Star to perform at Thetford comedy club
- 5 Woman in her 50s who died in A11 crash named locally
- 6 Food review, Lime Kiln Kitchen: ‘A truly relaxing place for Sunday lunch’
- 7 New homes plan for former coal yard
- 8 Man charged with burglaries, dangerous driving and assault
- 9 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and two meteor showers
- 10 New Latin American restaurant opening at Center Parcs in Elveden
“It's a culmination of all the work we've done.”
The park, which has more than 100,000 visitors each year, has a visitor centre, walled garden, forest walks, orienteering facilities cycle trails, tree and history trails, picnic areas and a play area.
Paul West, Suffolk County Council's portfolio holder for Creating the Greenest County, said: “Brandon Country Park fully deserves this prestigious award.
“It is a very good park ad the award recognises the recent investment made by the county and Forest Heath District Council, and the great effort of the staff running the park.”