Awards to be held to recognise community heroes
- Credit: Archant
An award ceremony is being held to recognise the unsung heroes who go above and beyond in Brandon.
The Best of Brandon Awards, or the BOBs for short, will see five people rewarded for their presence and work in the community.
The event follows on from last year’s Tesco Brandon Community Awards.
Carly Wharf was the winner for her community efforts in setting up the group A.N.G.E.L.S (Autism Needs Guidence Education Love and Support).
Lianne Spooner, community champion for Tesco Brandon, has teamed up with Brighter Brandon and the Brandon Town Magazine to expand the awards to create five categories.
You may also want to watch:
These are; volunteer, young volunteer, business, group, and life time achievement.
The awards evening will be held today from 7pm at the Brandon Abbeycroft Leisure Centre.
- 1 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 2 Mini science centre to feature at town's riverside development
- 3 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 4 A11 reopens following earlier collision
- 5 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 6 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 7 Man found near air base with gun, axe and lock knife sentenced
- 8 Warning over con artists trying 'council tax' scam in Norfolk
- 9 Military drones to fly above Norfolk RAF base
- 10 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
More than 50 nominations were received.
Mrs Spooner said: “To all those who have been nominated you should be very proud of yourselves.
“It shows that Brandon is a great town with so much to offer and has such a fantastic community spirit.”
All money raised after expenses will go to British Heart Foundation and Brandon in Bloom.