Awards to be held to recognise community heroes
- Credit: Archant
An award ceremony is being held to recognise the unsung heroes who go above and beyond in Brandon.
The Best of Brandon Awards, or the BOBs for short, will see five people rewarded for their presence and work in the community.
The event follows on from last year’s Tesco Brandon Community Awards.
Carly Wharf was the winner for her community efforts in setting up the group A.N.G.E.L.S (Autism Needs Guidence Education Love and Support).
Lianne Spooner, community champion for Tesco Brandon, has teamed up with Brighter Brandon and the Brandon Town Magazine to expand the awards to create five categories.
You may also want to watch:
These are; volunteer, young volunteer, business, group, and life time achievement.
The awards evening will be held today from 7pm at the Brandon Abbeycroft Leisure Centre.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Fighter jets from RAF Lakenheath to fly over London NFL games
- 3 GPS equipment stolen from five tractors in village
- 4 New community hub for Thetford after girl's terrifying attack
- 5 New phase of consultation over major estate revamp to begin
- 6 Elizabeth Truss and Dominic Raab to share access to mansion after PM ruling
- 7 'Like a little Hitler' - Fury as row breaks out at council meeting
- 8 Community should have bigger say on development, says councillors
- 9 Do you remember when Tornado's rumble caused village uproar?
- 10 Man wanted for Thetford assault found dead after 10-month disappearance
More than 50 nominations were received.
Mrs Spooner said: “To all those who have been nominated you should be very proud of yourselves.
“It shows that Brandon is a great town with so much to offer and has such a fantastic community spirit.”
All money raised after expenses will go to British Heart Foundation and Brandon in Bloom.