Books come to life
BOOKS will come to life in libraries across Norfolk next week.A unique mobile library service is to loan out real people with a tale to tell.
BOOKS will come to life in libraries across Norfolk next week.
A unique mobile library service is to loan out real people with a tale to tell.
Their true-life stories might include tragedy, mystery or romance, but all will be fact not fiction.
Norfolk is at the centre of the Human Library movement in Britain and next week the country's first mobile Human Library hits the road.
People in Thetford, Great Yarmouth, Dereham, Cromer, King's Lynn and Norwich will be able to browse, “borrow” a book and enjoy up to half an hour's conversation with their chosen title.
Every “book” will have a refugee theme as the library is part of national Refugee Week.
- 1 Two people taken to hospital after van rolls over in Lynford crash
- 2 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 3 Ever fancied being a real life CSI? Now's your chance!
- 4 Tesco supermarket in Brandon reopens after cash machines ram raid
- 5 Revealed: No one has paid £10,000 fines issued for breaking Covid rules
- 6 Noise warning issued due to increased flying over RAF Lakenheath
- 7 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 8 Council buys disused building to regenerate town's riverfront
- 9 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
- 10 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
People who have fled their home country because of war, violence and political persecution will be telling their stories.
Hear about the remarkable life of the 14-year-old who walked across Germany, Luxembourg, Belgium and Holland to try and escape the Nazis, and who became the only member of his entire extended family of parents, grandparents, uncles, aunts and cousins to survive the Holocaust.
Or meet a hospital doctor who arrived in Britain as a penniless three-year-old, fleeing Vietnamese death camps.
Just like at the real library, there is no charge to borrow a living library book, and “readers” can simply turn up at each event at:
Thetford Library on Monday June 14 from 10am to 1pm.
Yarmouth Library from 1-3pm on Tuesday June 15.
Dereham Library from 1-3pm on Wednesday June 16.
Cromer Library from 1-3pm on Thursday June 17.
King's Lynn Library from 1-3pm on Friday June 18.
The Forum, Norwich, from 12-5pm on Saturday June 19.