Body discovered in Bury St Edmunds field
Police officers have launched an investigation after the body of a man was discovered in fields near to Bury St Edmunds.
POLICE officers have launched an investigation after the body of a man was discovered in fields near to Bury St Edmunds.
Suffolk Police were called at 2.38pm on Saturday by a member of the public reporting they had found a body in field adjacent to Appledown Drive in the town.
Police officers were in attendance and the area has been cordoned off while police conduct investigations and recover the body.
A Suffolk police spokeswoman said the body is male and inquiries are in hand to identify the deceased.
You may also want to watch:
Police are looking at the possibility that the body may be that of missing Bury St Edmunds man Shaun Alcock, 38, who went missing from his home in the town on Thursday.
The spokeswoman said the death is currently being treated as unexplained but added at this stage there are not thought to be any suspicious circumstances.
- 1 Fiat 500 thought to be stolen found crashed into wall
- 2 Shop facing £150k flood bill sets up mobile post office
- 3 Dog walker given £5,000 reward after finding stolen machinery
- 4 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 5 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- 6 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 7 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 8 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 9 Drug-dealers caught in undercover police sting
- 10 Man charged with drink-driving on the A11
A post mortem will be conducted in due course.
Anyone with any information in relation to this incident should contact Suffolk Police on 01473 613500.