Body discovered in Bury St Edmunds field
Police officers have launched an investigation after the body of a man was discovered in fields near to Bury St Edmunds.
POLICE officers have launched an investigation after the body of a man was discovered in fields near to Bury St Edmunds.
Suffolk Police were called at 2.38pm on Saturday by a member of the public reporting they had found a body in field adjacent to Appledown Drive in the town.
Police officers were in attendance and the area has been cordoned off while police conduct investigations and recover the body.
A Suffolk police spokeswoman said the body is male and inquiries are in hand to identify the deceased.
You may also want to watch:
Police are looking at the possibility that the body may be that of missing Bury St Edmunds man Shaun Alcock, 38, who went missing from his home in the town on Thursday.
The spokeswoman said the death is currently being treated as unexplained but added at this stage there are not thought to be any suspicious circumstances.
- 1 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 2 Mini science centre to feature at town's riverside development
- 3 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 4 A11 reopens following earlier collision
- 5 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 6 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 7 Man found near air base with gun, axe and lock knife sentenced
- 8 Warning over con artists trying 'council tax' scam in Norfolk
- 9 Military drones to fly above Norfolk RAF base
- 10 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
A post mortem will be conducted in due course.
Anyone with any information in relation to this incident should contact Suffolk Police on 01473 613500.