Beast from the East hits Breckland and west Suffolk
- Credit: Archant
Many parts of Breckland and west Suffolk have been affected by snow as the so called Beast from the East hit the region.
Temperatures plummeted with -9 recorded at Santon Downham.
Some parts saw more snow fall then others, but no schools in the Brecks area have been closed.
The Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning for snow for East Anglia until midnight tonight.
Richard Jones, forecaster for Norwich-based Weatherquest, said temperatures are expected to reach freezing point today but temperatures would feel more like -5C because of north-easterly winds.
You may also want to watch:
He said Norfolk and Suffolk should expect more snow showers, up to 4cms in places, throughout the rest of today and tonight and temperatures would again dip to -5C overnight.
Police are warning drivers to be safe on the roads.
- 1 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 2 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 3 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 4 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 5 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 6 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 7 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 8 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 9 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees
- 10 Retired firefighter looks back at four-day Thetford factory blaze 30 years on
The advice they give is to keep a safe distance from the car in front, be aware of how icy the roads are and make sure you are prepared for the drive.
Keep up-to-date with what is happening on the roads by following our live traffic map.
Have you got any pictures of the snow? Email email@example.com