Beast from the East still affecting Breckland and west Suffolk
- Credit: Archant
Snow drifts overnight and ice patches are causing treacherous driving conditions again today across Breckland and west Suffolk.
Police are warning people not to travel unless it is absolutely necessary.
Norfolk police tweeted: “Stay home unless your journey is absolutely necessary so the roads are clearer for officers to reach those who need our assistance. If you have to leave your vehicle? Please ensure it’s left in a safe position and doesn’t cause any obstructions.”
Greater Anglia has said that while it will try to run normal services.
Passengers should keep up-to-date with service disruptions on the train operator’s website or Twitter page @greateranglia
You may also want to watch:
There is still a Met office warning out for snow today.
And easterly winds are set to cause temperatures to further plummet across the region today.
- 1 Thetford man charged with abduction of 17-year-old girl
- 2 Drivers delayed following accident in Brandon
- 3 Island park to be named in honour of town's Sikh links
- 4 'Ugly' Norfolk pub fight was sparked by act of revenge, court hears
- 5 Farm's 'Goats at Home' service booms after lockdown
- 6 Thetford man wanted in connection with assault
- 7 Police appeal for dashcam footage after man died on A11
- 8 Thetford Forest invites runners to enjoy fresh air and scenery
- 9 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 10 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
There are a number of school closures in Brandon, Thetford, Watton, Methwold and surrounding villages.
For a full list of Suffolk school closures click here
For a full list of Norfolk school closures click here