Beast from the East still affecting Breckland and west Suffolk
- Credit: Archant
Snow drifts overnight and ice patches are causing treacherous driving conditions again today across Breckland and west Suffolk.
Police are warning people not to travel unless it is absolutely necessary.
Norfolk police tweeted: “Stay home unless your journey is absolutely necessary so the roads are clearer for officers to reach those who need our assistance. If you have to leave your vehicle? Please ensure it’s left in a safe position and doesn’t cause any obstructions.”
Greater Anglia has said that while it will try to run normal services.
Passengers should keep up-to-date with service disruptions on the train operator’s website or Twitter page @greateranglia
There is still a Met office warning out for snow today.
And easterly winds are set to cause temperatures to further plummet across the region today.
- 1 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
- 2 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 3 Roads to have speed limit cut to 30mph after death sparks campaign
- 4 'A posy fit for a Queen' - Winners crowned in school Jubilee competition
- 5 Escaped cows block traffic on A1065 in Suffolk
- 6 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 7 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 8 Education bursary worth £1,000 launched to mark Queen's Jubilee
- 9 Homes destroyed after blaze breaks out in terraced housing
- 10 Thetford homes left with 'significant' damage following blaze
There are a number of school closures in Brandon, Thetford, Watton, Methwold and surrounding villages.
For a full list of Suffolk school closures click here
For a full list of Norfolk school closures click here