Beast from the East still affecting Breckland and west Suffolk
- Credit: Archant
Snow drifts overnight and ice patches are causing treacherous driving conditions again today across Breckland and west Suffolk.
Police are warning people not to travel unless it is absolutely necessary.
Norfolk police tweeted: “Stay home unless your journey is absolutely necessary so the roads are clearer for officers to reach those who need our assistance. If you have to leave your vehicle? Please ensure it’s left in a safe position and doesn’t cause any obstructions.”
Greater Anglia has said that while it will try to run normal services.
Passengers should keep up-to-date with service disruptions on the train operator’s website or Twitter page @greateranglia
You may also want to watch:
There is still a Met office warning out for snow today.
And easterly winds are set to cause temperatures to further plummet across the region today.
- 1 Police continue probe into murder of woman at country park
- 2 Brandon man handed three-year restraining order by judge
- 3 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 4 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 5 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 6 Coronation Street star's surprise message to Norfolk care team
- 7 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 8 Woman, 73, convicted of forging second deceased partner's will
- 9 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 10 Father-of-five in court accused of murdering wife after body found in country park pond
There are a number of school closures in Brandon, Thetford, Watton, Methwold and surrounding villages.
For a full list of Suffolk school closures click here
For a full list of Norfolk school closures click here