Ball celebrates 100 years of Swaffham Lions
- Credit: Archant
A ball was held to celebrate 100 years of a popular community group.
Swaffham Lions invited 100 guests – including some people from other Lions clubs in East Anglia – to the event at Lynford Hall, near Thetford, to celebrate the centenary.
A three-course meal and a dancing disco was held, with the organisation also taking the opportunity to hold a ceremony to change its president.
John Collins handed over the reigns to Pam Tallon, with the new leader saying she was honoured to be the first female president of Swaffham Lions.
After thanking Mr Collins for his work during the first six months of the Lions’ centenary year, she went on to outline events that would take place during the course of the rest of the year.
You may also want to watch:
She also said the organisation should have fun while working to help people in the community.
- 1 Thetford man charged with abduction of 17-year-old girl
- 2 Drivers delayed following accident in Brandon
- 3 'Ugly' Norfolk pub fight was sparked by act of revenge, court hears
- 4 Island park to be named in honour of town's Sikh links
- 5 Thetford man wanted in connection with assault
- 6 Sugar beet price shoots up - but not all Suffolk farmers are won over
- 7 Police appeal for dashcam footage after man died on A11
- 8 Neil, 85, touches hearts after taking part in memory walk for residents
- 9 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 10 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs