Community hub hoping for funding boost
- Credit: Ian Burt
A community hub is bidding for a funding boost to help towards centre improvements.
Thetford’s Charles Burrell Centre has been short listed as one of the groups to receive money through Tesco’s Bags of Help Initiative.
Groups will receive either £1,000, £2,000 or £4,000, with shoppers voting for who should get the top grant.
The centre, a former school which has educational, charity and business tenants, is looking to refurbish its toilets, main hall and training rooms.
A section of roof in the former science block is also in need of repair.
You may also want to watch:
Centre manager Mark Snowdon said: “The refurbishments have so far been a great success both in terms of the improvements across the building and with an increase in bookings.”
Voting will begin in Tescos across the region in July and customers can cast their vote using a token given to them at the check-out.
- 1 Brandon man handed three-year restraining order by judge
- 2 Father-of-five in court accused of murdering wife after body found in country park pond
- 3 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 4 Police continue probe into murder of woman at country park
- 5 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 6 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 7 Extra police as pub gardens opening could coincide with Canaries promotion
- 8 Woman, 73, convicted of forging second deceased partner's will
- 9 Corrie McKeague inquest will not probe police investigation
- 10 Warning over cold callers offering 'free' loft insulation