Audi TT caught driving on pedestrianised high street
- Credit: Archant
A driver was arrested on suspicion of drink driving after taking their Audi for a drive through a pedestrianised high street.
Officers in Thetford were alerted by CCTV after an Audi TT was spotted driving through Kings Street, a pedestrianised road in the centre of the town at about 3am on Saturday, January 4.
The man, 23, was detained by a volunteer Norfolk Special officer before Pc Nik Harris arrested them on suspicion of drink driving.
Police confirmed on Twitter that the man had an alcohol reading of 60mgs of alcohol in 100mls of breath. The legal limit is 35.
Breckland Police said on Twitter: "Team effort all round last night with CCTV alerting Thetford team to a car driving up the pedestrianised King Street.
You may also want to watch:
"First on scene was Spl/Insp Smith, from Norfolk Specials, who detained the driver until arrival of Pc Nik Harris who arrested driver on suspicion of drink-driving."
The arrest comes after a substantial drink driving campaign by Norfolk Police over the festive period.
- 1 Police continue probe into murder of woman at country park
- 2 Brandon man handed three-year restraining order by judge
- 3 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 4 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 5 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 6 Coronation Street star's surprise message to Norfolk care team
- 7 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 8 Woman, 73, convicted of forging second deceased partner's will
- 9 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 10 Father-of-five in court accused of murdering wife after body found in country park pond
Sergeant Chris Harris said: "Been saying it for the last month but yet people still do it; don't drink and drive."