Audi TT caught driving on pedestrianised high street
- Credit: Archant
A driver was arrested on suspicion of drink driving after taking their Audi for a drive through a pedestrianised high street.
Officers in Thetford were alerted by CCTV after an Audi TT was spotted driving through Kings Street, a pedestrianised road in the centre of the town at about 3am on Saturday, January 4.
The man, 23, was detained by a volunteer Norfolk Special officer before Pc Nik Harris arrested them on suspicion of drink driving.
Police confirmed on Twitter that the man had an alcohol reading of 60mgs of alcohol in 100mls of breath. The legal limit is 35.
Breckland Police said on Twitter: "Team effort all round last night with CCTV alerting Thetford team to a car driving up the pedestrianised King Street.
You may also want to watch:
"First on scene was Spl/Insp Smith, from Norfolk Specials, who detained the driver until arrival of Pc Nik Harris who arrested driver on suspicion of drink-driving."
The arrest comes after a substantial drink driving campaign by Norfolk Police over the festive period.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Fighter jets from RAF Lakenheath to fly over London NFL games
- 3 GPS equipment stolen from five tractors in village
- 4 New community hub for Thetford after girl's terrifying attack
- 5 New phase of consultation over major estate revamp to begin
- 6 Elizabeth Truss and Dominic Raab to share access to mansion after PM ruling
- 7 'Like a little Hitler' - Fury as row breaks out at council meeting
- 8 Community should have bigger say on development, says councillors
- 9 Do you remember when Tornado's rumble caused village uproar?
- 10 Man wanted for Thetford assault found dead after 10-month disappearance
Sergeant Chris Harris said: "Been saying it for the last month but yet people still do it; don't drink and drive."