Art exhibition celebrating women’s suffrage to be held in Thetford
An art cafe is set to hold an exhibition celebrating the 100 year anniversary of the women’s vote.
Held at Cafe One in the Keystone Innovation Centre, Thetford, the exhibition will celebrate women’s rights and recognise the sacrifices of those who fought for the vote.
A wide variety of work using various techniques and styles will be on show and it will take visitors from 1918 through to modern day feminism.
Contributing artists include members of the Art Cafe, an arts and wellbeing group run by Keystone at Thetford’s Abbey Neighbourhood Centre.
Also featured will be art from the Mildenhall Arts and Walking Group for ladies and Keystone’s Youth Social Action group - also known as A&E: Anything and Everyone.
You may also want to watch:
The exhibition will run from March 21 until April 20. The centre is open Monday to Friday from 8.30pm until 2pm. For information call the centre on 01842 768300.
- 1 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 2 Gym becomes community hub with café and barber shop
- 3 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 4 Retired firefighter looks back at four-day Thetford factory blaze 30 years on
- 5 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 6 Cat left 'terrified' after being dumped next to road by driver
- 7 Pretty town centre terrace is for sale by auction - and it needs doing up!
- 8 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees
- 9 The story of Mildenhall's workhouses uncovered after 100 years
- 10 New community hub for Thetford after girl's terrifying attack