Art exhibition celebrating women’s suffrage to be held in Thetford
An art cafe is set to hold an exhibition celebrating the 100 year anniversary of the women’s vote.
Held at Cafe One in the Keystone Innovation Centre, Thetford, the exhibition will celebrate women’s rights and recognise the sacrifices of those who fought for the vote.
A wide variety of work using various techniques and styles will be on show and it will take visitors from 1918 through to modern day feminism.
Contributing artists include members of the Art Cafe, an arts and wellbeing group run by Keystone at Thetford’s Abbey Neighbourhood Centre.
Also featured will be art from the Mildenhall Arts and Walking Group for ladies and Keystone’s Youth Social Action group - also known as A&E: Anything and Everyone.
You may also want to watch:
The exhibition will run from March 21 until April 20. The centre is open Monday to Friday from 8.30pm until 2pm. For information call the centre on 01842 768300.
- 1 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 2 Emotional great grandma meets nine-month-old twins for first time
- 3 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 4 'Vital' washing and cooking facilities to help homeless opens in town
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 6 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 7 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 8 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 9 Norfolk and Suffolk election 2021: No change in Breckland
- 10 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results