Art exhibition celebrating women’s suffrage to be held in Thetford
An art cafe is set to hold an exhibition celebrating the 100 year anniversary of the women’s vote.
Held at Cafe One in the Keystone Innovation Centre, Thetford, the exhibition will celebrate women’s rights and recognise the sacrifices of those who fought for the vote.
A wide variety of work using various techniques and styles will be on show and it will take visitors from 1918 through to modern day feminism.
Contributing artists include members of the Art Cafe, an arts and wellbeing group run by Keystone at Thetford’s Abbey Neighbourhood Centre.
Also featured will be art from the Mildenhall Arts and Walking Group for ladies and Keystone’s Youth Social Action group - also known as A&E: Anything and Everyone.
You may also want to watch:
The exhibition will run from March 21 until April 20. The centre is open Monday to Friday from 8.30pm until 2pm. For information call the centre on 01842 768300.
- 1 Have your say over future of growing estate
- 2 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 3 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould
- 4 Car crashes into central reservation on A11
- 5 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 6 Where you are most likely to get your bike stolen in Norfolk
- 7 Abusive man grabbed wife by throat and banged her head on floor
- 8 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 9 Parkruns return to Norfolk for first time since Covid
- 10 Pet crematorium plans submitted but residents have air concerns