Arson and burglary of garden nursery believed to be linked
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
A garden nursery fire was started deliberately and is believed to be connected to a burglary that happened just moments later.
Police are investigating the arson and burglary in Didlington that happened on Monday, June 25.
The fire was discovered in the early hours of the morning at a garden nursery premises in Field Lodge.
As a result of the fire, extensive damage has been caused to outbuildings and plants.
Suspect/s have also broken into an adjoining property at the same location with forced entry via the garage door. At this stage, it is not thought that anything has been stolen.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are linking these incidents and are keen to speak to anyone who may have seen any suspicious persons or vehicles in the Didlington or Foulden Road areas around at the time.
They should contact Det Con Matt McKay at Thetford CID on 101.
- 1 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford
- 2 Flowers and windmill stolen from baby's grave
- 3 Town's county councillors vow to tackle neglected underpasses
- 4 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 5 Rush to save school proms from being axed
- 6 Masked burglar hit victim with fake gun and threatened to shoot family dog
- 7 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 8 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 9 Drug-driver's pickup cannoned off-duty detective's car into oncoming traffic
- 10 Tributes flood in for Dad's Army superfan and family man Neville
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.