Arson and burglary of garden nursery believed to be linked
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
A garden nursery fire was started deliberately and is believed to be connected to a burglary that happened just moments later.
Police are investigating the arson and burglary in Didlington that happened on Monday, June 25.
The fire was discovered in the early hours of the morning at a garden nursery premises in Field Lodge.
As a result of the fire, extensive damage has been caused to outbuildings and plants.
Suspect/s have also broken into an adjoining property at the same location with forced entry via the garage door. At this stage, it is not thought that anything has been stolen.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are linking these incidents and are keen to speak to anyone who may have seen any suspicious persons or vehicles in the Didlington or Foulden Road areas around at the time.
They should contact Det Con Matt McKay at Thetford CID on 101.
- 1 Thetford man wanted in connection with assault
- 2 Hotel owner providing free lunches for those in need
- 3 'Beers, big TVS and men's mental health': New barbershop to open in town
- 4 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
- 5 Teen to mark first ever flight - by jumping out of the plane for charity
- 6 Norfolk nursery nominated for national award
- 7 New £39million hub officially opens to the public
- 8 Teen stabbed in Thetford
- 9 Part of A11 closed due to crash involving motorbike
- 10 'A kick in the teeth' - Sainsbury's staff angry at Boxing Day 'gift'
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.