Arson and burglary of garden nursery believed to be linked
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
A garden nursery fire was started deliberately and is believed to be connected to a burglary that happened just moments later.
Police are investigating the arson and burglary in Didlington that happened on Monday, June 25.
The fire was discovered in the early hours of the morning at a garden nursery premises in Field Lodge.
As a result of the fire, extensive damage has been caused to outbuildings and plants.
Suspect/s have also broken into an adjoining property at the same location with forced entry via the garage door. At this stage, it is not thought that anything has been stolen.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are linking these incidents and are keen to speak to anyone who may have seen any suspicious persons or vehicles in the Didlington or Foulden Road areas around at the time.
They should contact Det Con Matt McKay at Thetford CID on 101.
- 1 Police amazed no one hurt after tree falls on Fiat 500
- 2 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 3 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
- 4 Burst main leaves villages without water
- 5 School 'relieves stress' for families by loaning laptops in lockdown
- 6 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 7 Flooding fears recede in Norfolk but wind warning issued
- 8 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 9 Parent fined after teens dumped waste at town estate
- 10 Report into Norfolk Christmas floods could take six months
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.