Arson and burglary of garden nursery believed to be linked
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
A garden nursery fire was started deliberately and is believed to be connected to a burglary that happened just moments later.
Police are investigating the arson and burglary in Didlington that happened on Monday, June 25.
The fire was discovered in the early hours of the morning at a garden nursery premises in Field Lodge.
As a result of the fire, extensive damage has been caused to outbuildings and plants.
Suspect/s have also broken into an adjoining property at the same location with forced entry via the garage door. At this stage, it is not thought that anything has been stolen.
Officers are linking these incidents and are keen to speak to anyone who may have seen any suspicious persons or vehicles in the Didlington or Foulden Road areas around at the time.
They should contact Det Con Matt McKay at Thetford CID on 101.
- 1 Roads to have speed limit cut to 30mph after death sparks campaign
- 2 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
- 3 'A posy fit for a Queen' - Winners crowned in school Jubilee competition
- 4 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 5 Escaped cows block traffic on A1065 in Suffolk
- 6 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 7 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 8 Education bursary worth £1,000 launched to mark Queen's Jubilee
- 9 WATCH: Big Jet TV films at RAF Lakenheath to mark new Top Gun movie
- 10 Homes destroyed after blaze breaks out in terraced housing
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.