Arsenal anmd England star Carl Jenkinson visits youth teams from Mildenhall and Bury St Edmunds
- Credit: Archant
England Under-21s and Arsenal star Carl Jenkinson met youth football sides from Mildenhall and Bury St Edmunds.
The Arsenal defender, who has made five appearances for England Under-21s and collected his first senior cap in November 2012, handed over brand new kit to players from Guildhall Feoffment Under-Nines, Elmswell Hurricanes Under-10s, Bury Town Under-10s and Mildenhall Under-13s at Drive Vauxhall in Bury St Edmunds.
The visit anmd kit hand-over was part of Vauxhall’s - the England team sponsor - Youth Programme initiative.
Mr Jenkinson said: “It is fantastic to see young players enjoying their football and I have really enjoyed meeting them all today.
“It is very important to support grassroots football in England for the good of the game moving forward. This is a fantastic initiative and one I am very proud to be part of.”
Sarah Ferrari, general manager at Drive Vauxhall in Bury St Edmunds, said: “Supplying these teams with a brand new kit is just the starting point to an exciting partnership.
“Drive Vauxhall’s sponsorship of local youth teams highlights the importance of supporting the game from the bottom at Grass Roots level to the top at the International game, and showcases just how committed Vauxhall are as a home nations football sponsor.”
- 1 Thetford homes left with 'significant' damage following blaze
- 2 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 3 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 4 Man charged after robbing bookmakers with a knife in Suffolk town
- 5 Man caught drink driving over three times the legal limit in Suffolk town
- 6 Former military man appointed as council's new chairman
- 7 Two Norfolk spots named among best places in Britain for a weekend break
- 8 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 9 Police stop 85 vehicles in one day amid safety crackdown
- 10 Power tools stolen after van broken into
“As well as providing them with their new kit, we have a dedicated member of our staff working closely with the teams and their coaches, who will give their time and ideas to support the clubs.
“We have also been working very closely with the Suffolk FA around their youth leagues and look forward to continuing this relationship.”
FA senior national game development manager Peter Ackerley added: “The FA is working closely with its youth partner Vauxhall alongside Sport England.
“We have no doubt the local support of the Vauxhall dealerships will make a significant positive difference to football in their local area.”
Are you expecting a famous visitor at your event? Tell the Times by calling 01379 651163 or email email@example.com