Three people banned from town centre for two days in attempt to curb anti-social behaviour
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Three people have been ordered to leave a town centre as police crackdown on street drinking and anti-social behaviour (ASB).
Thetford officers were in the town centre on Sunday, August 25 as part of ASB patrols after an increase in crime.
Three people were given direction to leave orders banning them from the town centre for the next two days.
A fourth person was arrested for breaching bail and is set to appear in court.
Speaking about ASB earlier this month, PC Leah Norton, from the Thetford Safer Neighbourhood Team, said: "We know this type of behaviour can have a significant impact on the local community which is why we've launched a dedicated operation to address it.
"Officers patrol problem areas on a daily basis and will take action against offenders, issuing warning notices and arresting them if that behaviour continues.
On Twitter Breckland Police said: "Three persons given direction to leave for 48 hours, meaning they can be arrested if found in the area during this period, and another arrested and remanded to court for breach of bail."
- 1 Woman accused of stealing £11k of printer ink across East Anglia
- 2 Driver sustains neck injuries in two-vehicle crash near Thetford
- 3 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 4 Schoolgirl racially abused by boys in Mildenhall play park
- 5 'Dishonest to the core' burglar jailed for four years
- 6 The photographer with an eye for catching dogs in flight
- 7 Robber armed with Taser steals cash from Mildenhall shop
- 8 Man who may pose risk to children could be in Norfolk or Suffolk
- 9 Person taken to hospital after farm vehicle crashes into wall
- 10 Disruptions likely after warnings of dense fog set to last two days