Three people banned from town centre for two days in attempt to curb anti-social behaviour
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Three people have been ordered to leave a town centre as police crackdown on street drinking and anti-social behaviour (ASB).
Thetford officers were in the town centre on Sunday, August 25 as part of ASB patrols after an increase in crime.
Three people were given direction to leave orders banning them from the town centre for the next two days.
A fourth person was arrested for breaching bail and is set to appear in court.
Speaking about ASB earlier this month, PC Leah Norton, from the Thetford Safer Neighbourhood Team, said: "We know this type of behaviour can have a significant impact on the local community which is why we've launched a dedicated operation to address it.
You may also want to watch:
"Officers patrol problem areas on a daily basis and will take action against offenders, issuing warning notices and arresting them if that behaviour continues.
On Twitter Breckland Police said: "Three persons given direction to leave for 48 hours, meaning they can be arrested if found in the area during this period, and another arrested and remanded to court for breach of bail."
- 1 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 2 Seven months in prison for burglar who stole cash from church cafe
- 3 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 4 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 5 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 6 Prince Philip's love of birds remembered at Thetford-based trust
- 7 Councillor accused of spreading 'damaging disinformation' on facemasks
- 8 Burger and Italian restaurant set to open at town's riverside complex
- 9 'We're lost without him' - Family's tribute to teen hit-and-run cyclist
- 10 Person hit by train between Norwich and Stansted