Museum to hold family discovery day
- Credit: Ian Burt
The past will come alive for all the family when Thetford’s Ancient House Museum opens its doors for its Handmade Discovery Day.
As a celebration of the museum’s temporary exhibition, Handmade, visitors will be able to explore and discover both objects and crafts used to create them.
The items displayed highlight the skill and ingenuity of the people who made them across the different time periods and with different materials.
Visitors will be able to try their hands at using a spinning wheel, traditional sign-writing and can take part in the fun family museum trail.
The event will take place on Tuesday, August 14 between 10am and 1pm.
You may also want to watch:
No booking is required and will cost £2 per person, or £1 per person for Friends of Ancient House and Museums Pass holders.
The Handmade exhibition will run until September 8.
- 1 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 2 Seven months in prison for burglar who stole cash from church cafe
- 3 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 4 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 5 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 6 Prince Philip's love of birds remembered at Thetford-based trust
- 7 Councillor accused of spreading 'damaging disinformation' on facemasks
- 8 Burger and Italian restaurant set to open at town's riverside complex
- 9 'We're lost without him' - Family's tribute to teen hit-and-run cyclist
- 10 Person hit by train between Norwich and Stansted
Call 01842 752599 for more information.