Museum to hold family discovery day
- Credit: Ian Burt
The past will come alive for all the family when Thetford’s Ancient House Museum opens its doors for its Handmade Discovery Day.
As a celebration of the museum’s temporary exhibition, Handmade, visitors will be able to explore and discover both objects and crafts used to create them.
The items displayed highlight the skill and ingenuity of the people who made them across the different time periods and with different materials.
Visitors will be able to try their hands at using a spinning wheel, traditional sign-writing and can take part in the fun family museum trail.
The event will take place on Tuesday, August 14 between 10am and 1pm.
You may also want to watch:
No booking is required and will cost £2 per person, or £1 per person for Friends of Ancient House and Museums Pass holders.
The Handmade exhibition will run until September 8.
- 1 Man attacked and robbed by hooded teen gang
- 2 Man fractured partner’s cheekbone after making machete threat to sister
- 3 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 4 Arrest after man found with wooden baton and £30,000 in cash
- 5 Why Norfolk districts cannot be in different Covid tiers - yet
- 6 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 7 Call for government to listen to Norfolk over Tier 1 move
- 8 Delay warnings ahead of abnormal load move
- 9 A1066 to close for five more nights
- 10 Friends pay tribute to war heroes with walking marathon effort
Call 01842 752599 for more information.