Discover life during Anglo-Saxon and Viking times at Thetford’s Ancient House Museum event
- Credit: Archant
Families are being invited to step back in time and discover life during the late Anglo-Saxon period.
Thetford’s Ancient House Museum is holding Anglo-Saxons and Vikings discovery day on Tuesday, February 13.
There will be the opportunity to handle real objects from the time, meet costumed characters, and try their hands at blending Viking cheese.
People will be able to discover more about Thetford during the time when it was one of the largest and most important towns in the country.
Visitors will also be able to strike their own Anglo-Saxon coins.
You may also want to watch:
The event will run from 10am until 1pm and booking is not required. The charge is £2 per person, or £1 per person for Friends of Ancient House and Museums pass holders,
For information about more museum events, admission prices and opening times visit Ancient House Museum on Facebook.
- 1 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 2 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 3 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 4 House-to-house enquiries take place after woman's body identified
- 5 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 6 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 7 Overrunning roadworks temporarily closes part of A11
- 8 Health bosses step up effort to vaccinate vulnerable communities
- 9 Seven months in prison for burglar who stole cash from church cafe
- 10 'Small but mighty': Lambing season gets underway at family-run farm