Discover life during Anglo-Saxon and Viking times at Thetford’s Ancient House Museum event
- Credit: Archant
Families are being invited to step back in time and discover life during the late Anglo-Saxon period.
Thetford’s Ancient House Museum is holding Anglo-Saxons and Vikings discovery day on Tuesday, February 13.
There will be the opportunity to handle real objects from the time, meet costumed characters, and try their hands at blending Viking cheese.
People will be able to discover more about Thetford during the time when it was one of the largest and most important towns in the country.
Visitors will also be able to strike their own Anglo-Saxon coins.
You may also want to watch:
The event will run from 10am until 1pm and booking is not required. The charge is £2 per person, or £1 per person for Friends of Ancient House and Museums pass holders,
For information about more museum events, admission prices and opening times visit Ancient House Museum on Facebook.
- 1 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 2 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould
- 3 Where you are most likely to get your bike stolen in Norfolk
- 4 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 5 RAF base warns of increased Apache helicopter flying activity
- 6 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 7 Car crashes into central reservation on A11
- 8 Abusive man grabbed wife by throat and banged her head on floor
- 9 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
- 10 Find out who made the Norfolk Day Drabble writing competition shortlist