Airmen named following fatal crash
Two American airmen who died in a crash at a Suffolk village at the weekend have been named.Staff Sgt Mark Stephany, 24, and Senior Airman Daniel Addabbo, 23, died in Saturday night's collision on the A1101 in Icklingham, near Bury St Edmunds.
Two American airmen who died in a crash at a Suffolk village at the weekend have been named.
Staff Sgt Mark Stephany, 24, and Senior Airman Daniel Addabbo, 23, died in Saturday night's collision on the A1101 in Icklingham, near Bury St Edmunds.
Tributes have been paid to the men who were both assigned to the 48th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron at RAF Lakenheath.
Col Jay Silveria, 48th Fighter Wing commander, said: “We extend our heartfelt condolences to the families and friends of Sgt Stephany and Senior Airman Addabbo. This loss is a significant one for their families, our Liberty Wing family, and the United States Air Force.”
You may also want to watch:
The collision involved a green BMW and a blue Nissan Primera at about 7.20pm Saturday. Staff Sgt Stephany, who was driving the BMW and his passenger SAC Addabbo, were pronounced dead at the scene.
Three people from the Nissan suffered serious injuries in the collision and all remain in hospital today . A female passenger is in a critical condition, and a male passenger and the female driver are described as stable. A two-year-old boy also travelling in the Nissan was unhurt.
- 1 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 2 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 3 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 4 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 5 House-to-house enquiries take place after woman's body identified
- 6 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 7 Overrunning roadworks temporarily closes part of A11
- 8 Health bosses step up effort to vaccinate vulnerable communities
- 9 Seven months in prison for burglar who stole cash from church cafe
- 10 Councillor accused of spreading 'damaging disinformation' on facemasks
Senior Airman Joseph Mann and Airman First Class Joseph Ross from RAF Lakenheath, who were also in the BMW car, suffered minor injuries.
Suffolk Police are appealing for anyone who saw the collision or may have any further information to contact PC Paul Smith at the serious collision investigation team on 01473 613500.