Airmen named following fatal crash
Two American airmen who died in a crash at a Suffolk village at the weekend have been named.Staff Sgt Mark Stephany, 24, and Senior Airman Daniel Addabbo, 23, died in Saturday night's collision on the A1101 in Icklingham, near Bury St Edmunds.
Two American airmen who died in a crash at a Suffolk village at the weekend have been named.
Staff Sgt Mark Stephany, 24, and Senior Airman Daniel Addabbo, 23, died in Saturday night's collision on the A1101 in Icklingham, near Bury St Edmunds.
Tributes have been paid to the men who were both assigned to the 48th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron at RAF Lakenheath.
Col Jay Silveria, 48th Fighter Wing commander, said: “We extend our heartfelt condolences to the families and friends of Sgt Stephany and Senior Airman Addabbo. This loss is a significant one for their families, our Liberty Wing family, and the United States Air Force.”
The collision involved a green BMW and a blue Nissan Primera at about 7.20pm Saturday. Staff Sgt Stephany, who was driving the BMW and his passenger SAC Addabbo, were pronounced dead at the scene.
Three people from the Nissan suffered serious injuries in the collision and all remain in hospital today . A female passenger is in a critical condition, and a male passenger and the female driver are described as stable. A two-year-old boy also travelling in the Nissan was unhurt.
- 1 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 2 Council buys disused building to regenerate town's riverfront
- 3 11 pieces of amazing treasure to see in Thetford right now
- 4 Homes with dedicated support for rough sleepers to be built in Thetford
- 5 Meet the TikTok stylist helping people discover their body shapes
- 6 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 7 Driver sustains neck injuries in two-vehicle crash near Thetford
- 8 These are the dog breeds given up most at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 9 Jess Glynne cancels summer show in Thetford Forest
- 10 Rescued Mariah and Carey recovering after A11 crash
Senior Airman Joseph Mann and Airman First Class Joseph Ross from RAF Lakenheath, who were also in the BMW car, suffered minor injuries.
Suffolk Police are appealing for anyone who saw the collision or may have any further information to contact PC Paul Smith at the serious collision investigation team on 01473 613500.