Hundreds of plane spotters await arrival of Air Force One
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
Hundreds of Suffolk plane spotters are awaiting the arrival of Air Force One, as the President of the United States begins his tour in Europe.
Hundreds of enthusiasts armed with step ladders, cameras and armchairs have been eagerly awaiting Mr Biden's arrival at RAF Mildenhall since early Wednesday afternoon.
The President is expected to touch down on Suffolk soil later this evening.
One of the spotters, Michael Buckley, said: "We're all here today to see Air Force One. I've never seen Air Force One before.
"We've got the big lenses out today to try and get some good photos."
Bob Archer, who saw an earlier Air Force One in 1959, a Boeing 707, said he was taken back by the sheer number of enthusiasts awaiting Mr Biden's arrival.
He said: "This is completely unusual.
"I have never seen it so busy, normally you get 10 to 15 cars, but to have this many people here is very unusual."
- 1 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 2 Brandon bungalow blaze thought to be started by faulty boiler
- 3 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 4 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 5 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 6 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 7 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 8 Sex abuse survivor hits out at attacker's sentence
- 9 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 10 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford