Man threatened with knife and hit with hammer during burglary
- Credit: Archant
A man was threatened with a knife and hit with a hammer during am aggravated burglary in Thetford.
At approximately 1.30pm on May 10, a man entered a house on Winchester Way and confronted a teenager before threatening a man in his 20s with a knife. The suspect then assaulted the man by hitting him with a hammer causing injuries to his knee.
In attempt to escape from the house, the victim jumped out of a first floor window and broke his leg. The teenager fled unharmed.
Two iPhones, two mountain bikes and two games consoles were stolen.
DC Matt Hendry, from Thetford CID, said: “Based on the investigation so far, we believe that this could have been a targeted incident as opposed to a random attack. I would urge local residents who may have seen anyone acting suspiciously in the area around the time to contact us.”
You may also want to watch:
People are asked to call 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 2 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 3 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 4 Fiat 500 thought to be stolen found crashed into wall
- 5 Drug-dealers caught in undercover police sting
- 6 'Fantastic' students donate funds from cancelled prom to children's hospice
- 7 Man charged with drink-driving on the A11
- 8 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 9 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 10 Dog walker given £5,000 reward after finding stolen machinery