Man threatened with knife and hit with hammer during burglary
- Credit: Archant
A man was threatened with a knife and hit with a hammer during am aggravated burglary in Thetford.
At approximately 1.30pm on May 10, a man entered a house on Winchester Way and confronted a teenager before threatening a man in his 20s with a knife. The suspect then assaulted the man by hitting him with a hammer causing injuries to his knee.
In attempt to escape from the house, the victim jumped out of a first floor window and broke his leg. The teenager fled unharmed.
Two iPhones, two mountain bikes and two games consoles were stolen.
DC Matt Hendry, from Thetford CID, said: “Based on the investigation so far, we believe that this could have been a targeted incident as opposed to a random attack. I would urge local residents who may have seen anyone acting suspiciously in the area around the time to contact us.”
People are asked to call 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 2 Busy road near RAF Lakenheath reopens after five-vehicle crash
- 3 Man accused of playing naked wrestling game with schoolgirl likely to be jailed
- 4 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 5 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 6 Final phase of consultation begins over future of Thetford estate
- 7 Bereaved families' anger at No 10 staff video joking over Christmas party
- 8 People to get booster jabs sooner - but not at walk-in centres
- 9 Bin collectors could strike over long-running pay dispute
- 10 Downing Street party video: Boris Johnson apologises but denies allegations