Man threatened with knife and hit with hammer during burglary
- Credit: Archant
A man was threatened with a knife and hit with a hammer during am aggravated burglary in Thetford.
At approximately 1.30pm on May 10, a man entered a house on Winchester Way and confronted a teenager before threatening a man in his 20s with a knife. The suspect then assaulted the man by hitting him with a hammer causing injuries to his knee.
In attempt to escape from the house, the victim jumped out of a first floor window and broke his leg. The teenager fled unharmed.
Two iPhones, two mountain bikes and two games consoles were stolen.
DC Matt Hendry, from Thetford CID, said: “Based on the investigation so far, we believe that this could have been a targeted incident as opposed to a random attack. I would urge local residents who may have seen anyone acting suspiciously in the area around the time to contact us.”
You may also want to watch:
People are asked to call 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 2 Mini science centre to feature at town's riverside development
- 3 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 4 A11 reopens following earlier collision
- 5 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 6 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 7 Man found near air base with gun, axe and lock knife sentenced
- 8 Warning over con artists trying 'council tax' scam in Norfolk
- 9 Military drones to fly above Norfolk RAF base
- 10 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier